Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 Different table Maintenance for different User for KEY Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I' ve a custom table with 10 fields (five of them are KEY- suppose filed A B C D and E are Key).

I need to create different view to anable user to update them:

in one View I wanted just field A B And C; in the second one all the key field

Obviously, as they are key, all of them must be entered in the view, so i can't create two different view.

I Want User X can  run SM30 and view only field  A B And C (D and E must always be empty); User Y must be able to run SM30 and see al the fields.

We do not manage it by ALV. How could I achive this aim, please?

Thanks a lot

9 REPLIES 9

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Favrizio,

you could create two different maintenance view (SE11->View). Then, using the "Maintenance table generator" the views will be exectuable in SM30.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

thanks for your reply.

SAP do not let me create view without all the key fields. All the KEY field must be inserted in the view.

My probelm i just releted to the fact that I have Hide key field  for some users and unhide them for others.

BR

0 Kudos

Strange, when I tried to create it I just received a warning message.

Good luck.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to create 2 views for this, this can be done by using Events in the table maintenance generator, i.e. got to your table, click utilities -> table maintenance generaotr, then Environment -> Modification -> Events

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

I'm not so expert...in the event code (I'll chose 05 type)  I will be able to loop on the screen to set screen-input = 0 ? Sorry for stupid question....

Please, could you shown me the code.

Thanks and BR

0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

I'm also no expert in Events for table maintenance generator so you will have to investigate the route further yourself or hopefully someone else on this forum can answer your question. Best of luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

May be help full check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks a lot to all.

I'll write a program and I'll manage everything  using function SE16N_INTERFACE.

Bye