Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest activity or relation ship duration as critical path

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PS Experts,

My client requirement is to get activity as critical path which is longest in project.

Suppose

Scenario 1

A->B->C->D->E

ABCDE are activity with relation shown but it ends on 1 feb 2015 start on 1 jan 2015

Other scenario is

F->G->H Which ends on 15 feb 2015 and starts on 1 jan 2015

So critical path should come scenario 1.

Thanks

Suraj prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

The critical path is clearly shown in the network graphic overview (In Red Color) [This will also include the activities present in the critical path]. You can also print a copy of this. I hope this is sufficient instead of using a report to verify the critical path.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, the activities are on  critical path when their float is zero. It has nothing to do with the longest or shortest activity. So when, any change in the activity dates is going to lead into new dates those activities are said to be in critical path.

So, I am not sure what you really needed here. Even the report which will show which network is taking longest duration can serve the purpose for you.

Regards,

Mahendra

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Any standard report?

Thanks

Suraj

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

I suppose it should work as you wrote. Scenario 1 is longer so it should show a critical path. Are activities ABCDE connected with activities FGH?

Regards

Adam

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reply!!

NO both path are independent.Now it is calculating  on base of float(default configuration).

Thanks

Suraj