Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM error Password cannot be retrieved from Secure Store

former_member409456
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am reseting my SDM password in solution manager 7.1 on windows. When i am executing stopserver.bat from SDM/program directory getting below error:

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0213.20120926150800.0000

Password cannot be retrieved from Secure Store. Execute command "changeauthenticationprotocol".

Password cannot be retrieved from Repository.

Processing error. Return code: 204

Please suggest how can i reset my SDM password?

Regards,

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

You need to check whether the below parameter is present in instance profile or not

If the parameter is present as jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties)

Then you need to change it as  below

jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties)

Run the script below to update the version of SDM and also maintain the above parameter , in start profile if not present

sdm changeauthenticationprotocol “version=1.0” “password=<password of SDM>” “forcesecurelogon=enable” “encrypttraffic=enable” “adminportonlylocallyaccessible=enable” “forcesecureadminlogon=enable”

With Regards

Ashutosh

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow below link and share you system release and SP level.

Reset SDM Password in Unix and Windows Environment - Portal - SCN Wiki

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Goto /usr/sap/SID/DVEMBGSXX/SDM/program/config and open sdmrepository.sdc file to see the values of SecStore.properties and SecStore.Key are pointing to correct path. You can verify this from configtool or config.properties in configtool folder.

If not then correct it and check the permission full path and file to secure store.

Refer - 1910179 - How to change password of SDM Part B

Regards,

Divyanshu