SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FS-ICM Commission Forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am with a customer and I have the following issue:

The client (Insurance Company ) wants that their agents can see, after the application form (and the calculation of premium in PM) came in, what will the commission be, until the Client paid the full premium.

Process:

Application form came in -> calculation of premium -> bill to customer and simultanously calculation of commission (but no Settlement) -> payment of customer -> afterwards payment and Settlement to agent

So I want at first the ICM to calulate and somedays / weeks / months (not years) later to payout the Money.

The commission forecast Information should be extracted and communicate to the agents (Report, Portal...).

I would be glad if someone could help me on that.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

Martin

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin,

thats what the actual commisson / payment release functionality in ICM was build for. it allows you to calculate commissions, but block them for payment until the premium in FS-CD is paid and only then release the commission for payment.

Regards,

Doreen

former_member185321
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I believe what your clients want is the calculation of remuneration for commissions.

If the actual commissions is based upon remuneration, ICM shall process the remuneration with the settlement scheduling process where the settlement scheduling items are converted into due documents with an indicator whether they are locked or released.

Here for remuneration amount of 1000 is paid out monthly over a period of a year shall look like this.

The payouts shall be processed once ICM receives a trigger from FSCD. Then all the commission and incentive entitlements which need to be paid to the sales representative will be transmitted from the ICM to the SAP FS-CD when the customer pays the premium.

For ICM to calulate in somedays / weeks / months (not years) later to payout the Money... you shall have to define the time unit as shown below in release type of settlement tool.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi Doreen, Sagar,

thanks for answers. Sagar, thanks for the efforts you put in.

I have new Information from customer.

The customer wants to have a forecast on commission for agents in the Agent Portal.

Case:

The agent sends in signed application form. The insurance Company calculates the premium and sends out "invoice" to customer. On that amount ICM should calculate the "expected" commission for the Agent (this is info that should be communicated in Portal). Now it could be, that the Client sends in the Money within 5 days. Then he gets a Discount for fast payment of 10% off. This means, that the Client will get coverage for 90 Dollar  and not for 100 Dollar. FS-CD sends notification to PM, that Money ist paid. And the Agent gets commission on 90 Dollar.

Any idea how to handle that in a smooth way?

Thanks and BR,

Martin

hilbergm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I recommend asking your friendly FS-PM functional lead on the project

FS-PM has a functionality for simulating the commission case in ICM. In FS-PM click on "Commission" in the toolbar, then on "Remuneration Result" in section "Commission Simulation" to start the simulation.

Currently, this functionality is only available on the Dynpro screen, there is no service/BAPI to call from the portal.

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I would also doublecheck that business requirement. Usually commission is calculated on what they call "commissionable premium", which may or may not include some of the fee's etc maybe discounted based on the mode of payment (ACH/Check) or Premium frequency...and usually is not a 1:1 with the premium FS-CD collects to start with. I highly doubt that the agent would get less commission if the client pays early thats just completely the wrong incentive to start with and business wise that just does not make sense.

So I recommend doublechecking what premium number FS-PM actually needs send to ICM as the basis for the commission calculation.

Regards,

Doreen