Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Payment Terms (VBKD-ZTERM) in sales order using SHD0

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Requirement is to hide payment terms field VBKD-ZTERM in sales order.

1. I have tried the same using T Code SHD0 by modifying screen 4440 (Ticked Invisible check box) but unfortunately desired results could not be met. Screen shots attached for reference.

2. Do I need to make a copy of existing transaction variant BUS2032 and apply the new changes?

3. Am I committing any mistake at a basic level?

Appreciate your prompt response on the same.

Regards,
Anirban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Payment term is there in three screens. Overview, header and item level. You have to make this field invisible in all three screens. Check the screen numbers from sale order screen in System > Status and match these screen numbers where you have marked ZTERM field as invisible.

If you have maintained payment term in customer master and marked this field as invisible in sale order still system will save the payment term in field VBAK-ZTERM. I have not tested this but I believe this is how system should work. Please test and update,

Thank$

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

I know that payment term is available in 3 screens. My question is that if I make the field invisible in any of the screen then it should at least perform for that particular screen. Because I tried the same with Std TV BUS2032 and it worked.

Or is it that If apply the changes for all the screens it would take effect in case of Z transaction variant?

But I am surprised why the same is not getting called when I use a Z transaction variant. Also please note that if I refer to the Std TV BUS2032 and make a copy of the same I am still not able to use it as the screens called there are already used at many places in standard SAP?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Anirban

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create variant without copying any standard. Just do SHD0 and make a variant step by step. Don't forget to assign this variant in VOV8 to your sales document type. For sales order variants only work when we assign in VOV8 to sales documen type.

Thank$

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you activated the Transaction variant and assigned to the Document type.

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Yes I have activated the Transaction Variant but not yet assigned it to the Sales Document Type. Will it not work in Test Mode (F8) also ?

Regards,

Anirban

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Will it not work in Test Mode (F8) also without assigning it to any sales doc type?

Regards,

Anirban

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In test mode it should work.

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately in test mode it is not working in my case. Please advice.

Regards,
Anirban

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just tested it. It doesn't work even in test run if you don't assign it in VOV8. Assign your variant in VOV8 and then test it.

Thank$

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks ! Its working after assigning it to an order type. But here I am still left with one weird doubt.

1. To hide a field in sales order (in this case VBKD-ZTERM) we need to assign the TV to the document type.

2. But in case of any other changes in the initial screen (I tried to make sales Office field as mandatory) it worked without even assigning it to the document type.

3. Are there any thumb rules for this?

Regards,
Anirban

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I don't know any thumb rule but I can share my personal views about it. If we run TCode VA01 we can modify field without assigning variant to order type because it doesn't involve order type at this stage but once you give order type and go to that order type's screen than it becomes mandatory to assign the variant to order type in VOV8.

In short Sale order behaves in different and special way but VA01 external screen behaves just like normal and all other screens.

Thank$

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anirban,

What is the business reason for not wanting this field in the sales order?

As you know, this field is in billing document also. What does the client want in billing document?

If a customer has some terms of payment; in the customer master record. Then what is the expectation when sales order and billing document are created?

TW

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

The client does not want the payment terms VBKD-ZTERM to be modified and displayed for a particular order type in Sales Order only. It should flow from customer master. If the requirement would only have been restricted to modification of the field then I could have used Display check box. But here I need to hide the same. Can you please let me know how is it possible?

Regards,
Anirban

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anirban,

Still not clear about the reason behind this requirement!

Terms of payment will be visible in the billing document. So why does client want it to invisible in the sales order only?

Thanks!

TW

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Client does not want the end user to change and view the payment terms in sales orders for a particular business scenario (identified by an order type) for a specific user group. (This might be an administrative/management decision which client does not want to reveal.)

Billing is carried out by some other user at Branch level wherein Sales order is created at the Warehouse level.

I will obviously get back to client with the impact analysis but before that I need to know the feasibility aspects.

Regards,
Anirban