cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply area Overwrites Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have mainly two storage locations. I001 (inventory storage loc.) W001 (Warehouse managed storage loc.).

A component is part of both the storage locations. Mostly produced and consumed from I001 storage location.

We have supply area assigned to Workcenter, and this supply area has W001 as default storage location.

So every time, while converting the plan order in to prod. order the system overwrites and storage location W001 is copied to prod. order.

This results in missing parts information message (as the stock is in I001 and system overwrites it with W001).

I know that in storage location determination supply area has the highest priority. But is there any standard solution for such cases?

I set the deletion flag to W001, but still system checks the entry in MARD table. Shouldn't it consider the deletion flag? Is it a standard Error or Am I doing something Wrong?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Maulin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already tried defining the supply are in Material master, Using production version. Prod. storage location selection in MRP group. etc. But none of this works. storage location from supply area assigned to work center is the one that gets copied to prod. order component.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Maulin

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maulin,

If your component is mostly produced and consumed from I001 storage location the why you maintained supply area in WC with W001?

In what business scenario you are working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Generally the component is consumed from I001 but in some cases, it might also be consumed from 0088.

its a discrete Manufacturing and CTO \ MTO scenario.

Thanks.

best regards,

Maulin

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maulin,

That is fine but what is the use in maintaining the supply area in WC?

If you want to consume from any one specific storage location you can maintain same in MM or BOM component details

I set the deletion flag to W001, but still system checks the entry in MARD table. Shouldn't it consider the deletion flag? Is it a standard Error or Am I doing something Wrong?

Please refer SAP note for above issue 536114 - Storage location determination ignores deletion flag

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

there are many other components that are stored in W001 so for them We have maintain the supply area with W001 as storage location in Work center.

I tried to maintain the I001 as prod. storage location, EP storage location in Mat. mast. as well as in ORDER BOM. but supply area has higher priority. that is why I was asking if there is any other alternative solution for such issues.

Thanks for the note, I will check it.

Best regards,

Maulin