cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ESI Deduction - /3E1 & /3E2 is not coming in RT table !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seniors,

I have checked the required setting for ESI and still ESI is not deducted for employees having salary 14000.

• I have checked the below tables and entries are maintained.

VV_511P_B_ESILT_AL0 ,  VV_511P_B_ESIMN_470,  VV_511K_B_DYSMN_470,   V_T7INE1,  V_7IN0P_ESI,  V_T7INE3

• I have checked the all custom wage type.

PC20 & PC 72, CC12 & CC13 are maintained

• I have gone through the SCN threads related to ESI deduction and accordingly,  I have maintained /3E1, /3E2, /112, /113, /3EA

PC20 & PC 72, CC12 & CC13 are maintained for all technical wage type

All configuration is done as per my understanding still no ESI deduction in RT table and /3E1, /3E2 are not reflecting in RT table.

Please suggest what else I have missed during configuration and how do i get ESI deduction amount.

Regards,

Ritu 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the cumulation calss for all the components in v_512w_d. You may add few additional paments. Please identify this and untick the esi cumulation class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I unticked, CC12 & CC13... still same result.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just tick CC12  for all IT8 components i.e. regular components. Run payroll and check the function INESI. If possible post the screen shot of input, process and output log details.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Thanks for prompt response. Pls find the details as below ..

INPUT LOG

OUTPUT LOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

/113 is 28000, check the CC13 for all the components and make it untick. Also check the processing class 72 for all the components, I think few components are there adding up with esi nominal basis.

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does not vary one to one there might be some difference in master data then only system will consider the values and provides the output.

As per the functionality of INESI

Checks the Other Statutory Deductions Infotype (0588) Subtype 0001

record, and finds a retrospective change in the record or that a new

record has been created.

i.e you no need to worry it seems to be.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your input

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay can you close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I have checked some of the SCN thread related to ESI regarding the IT0588 delimit.

As in some of the cases ESI deduction stop automatically but some of the cases not then we need to delimit the IT0588.

Why this strange behaviour of system for different cases ??

Please give your input here.

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your screen shot September 11 2014 01:35 PM 2014 eligibility is 14000 system has to deduct ESI no issue.

If you are talking about June 2013 you have to check /113 of April 2013 on wards i.e against to the Contribution period  April 2013 - September 2013.

Kindly check.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now it is calculating fine right or else do you have any issues still.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

One of employee has increment on 01.06.2013 and his salary is 16240. ESI deduction is still working for this employee. I am testing the system with various cases where ESI should not deduct but its still deducting.

for one case its running fine but why not with other case ?? thats my issue...

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the employee has contributed for ESI in any one month of the ESI Contribution period i.e April-September, then the employee will continue to Contribute for all the subsequent months in that contribution period i.e April /113 is 14000 but assume that June /113 is 16000 even though ESI deduction will takes place for June month and till September month even /113 is greater than 15000 this is a clause.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks a ton for your update. I was testing the employee who had increment in june 2013 and his ESI was deducting till today. Because, I forgot to delimit the IT0588 in this case for ESI.

I have done this and now system is working fine.

Thank you so much for your kind support.

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i understood Kindly do not check the wage type reporter now open the log and check each month wage type /113 since when you are running the simulation system will not update the cluster table there is no point of referring wage type prefer the log.

If you are executing live payroll then check Wage type reporter.

Okay as per eligibility 14000 system is calculating arrears from April on wards it is fine no issues (Prefer the log for simulation run, Reporter for live run ).

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i understand April month /113 value is 28,000 what about rest other months.

Since

The employee is eligible for ESI contribution if the value of ESI Basis Nominal Wage Type (/113) is less than or equal to the value of the ESI Eligibility Limit Constant (ESILT).

Kindly check or paste for all the months from April to September /113.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Please find below the screenshot..

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We will go step by step do not get confused and do not get me confuse.

1) Kindly paste the screen shot of ESILT and check when employee has joined, basic pay records of employee and cross check /113 values from the month of April to Sep and Oct to March through wage type reporter.

Since there is a clause for contribution periods of ESI April 1 - Sep 30 and Oct 1 - March 31.

2)Then we will check about 5555 since there must be a logic for the same either it is a PCR or Some codes might have been written for the same.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Hiring date is 01-apr-2014. Please find the screen shot as below...

From 01-Apr 2014 -  30 sep 2014

From 01-oct- 2014 - 31-mar-2015

I have run the simulation for same employee for various months. Below screen shot is of nov month simulation, /3E1 & /3E2 were not present in month april to oct RT table however in Nov month its reflecting the amount of cumulation of all previous month (i.e. 7 times of 245 for /3E1 and  7 times of 665 for /3E2 ).

Please update ...

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding 9999 is not required to maintain in 0008 remove it from 0008 and check the output whether it is coming with amount 14000 or not since there must be a PCR for the monthly CTC calculation.

Since there is no manual intervention required  to calculate CTC and update 0008.

I.e Remove from 9999 from 0008 and check 9999 value in the RT.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I am facing few challenges while updating the CC in V_512W_D.

Case 1:

It is true that 9999 (monthly CTC ) wage type is only depicting the Gross in IT0008.

Once I removed 9999 from R/3, the value in RT for all custom wage type (1111,2222,3333,4444,5555) are not the same as mentioned in R/3.

I have removed 9999 from IT0008 and check... in that case wage type 5555 is affecting.

5555 is designed in such a way its calculate the amount from 1111 but also taking the reference of 9999. If I change values in 1111(basic pay), monthly CTC 9999 willl update automatically and accordingly system calculate the amount for 5555 (HRA).

I have to do manual entry in case if I remove 9999 from IT0008. Hence, I cant remove this from IT0008.

Therefore the problem is still same... RT table has not the same value for 9999 which is mentioned in R/3.

Case 2 :

I have tested the system for various cases, in some of the cases ESI is calculating as per the standard but in some cases like salary 16450 or salary 18900 , I am still getting the ESI deduction. The salary of  the employee is not updated in recent. Its same from jan 2014 so why such deduction is happening in system. Its more than 1.75 % of calculated amount.

Please suggest...

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan/ Venkatesh,

Thanks for your input.

Now, /112 &/113 are same.

I have missed one more wagetype 9999 in attached screen shot. Its monthly CTC and not used in calculation anywhere but its value is total sum of all wage type in IT0008.

Initially its value in R/3 & RT table were same. But after the changes done , its not same.

For All wagetype (1111, 2222, 3333, 4444, 5555)  the configuration of Processing and cumulation classes are as below

PC1 -3, PC3- 0 , PC4- 6, PC5- 0, PC6- 0, PC10 - 2, PC20 - 8, PC30 - T, PC31- 0, PC72 -1

PC77- 1

CC 1, CC11, CC12, CC14, CC16, CC17, CC18, CC24 are ticked.

For wage type 9999,  configuration of Processing and cumulation classes are as below...

PC1 -0, PC3- 0, PC4- 0, PC6- 0, PC10 - 0, PC20 - 4, PC30 - 0, PC31- 0

No ticked for CC

Below are the screen-shots for same..

There is difference in between R/3 value and RT table value

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Great to hear that it's closed.

Close the thread with marking helpful and correct answer.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your input... But problem is not yet resolved completely... I am facing the same challenges with other cases ... Once it will resolved... I will definitely close the thread...

Regards,

Ritu

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems to be still you are maintaining Cumulation class 13 for 5555 wage type cross check it it is not required maintain processing class 72 and cumulation class 12 only.

further can you paste ESILT from V_T511P table.

Regards

Venkatesh 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your input.

My issue is resolved as such because /3E1 &/3E2 are reflecting in RT table.

Value of /112 & /113 are still not same, Could you please update why this is happened ?

Regards,

Ritu

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

How ESI is calculating?

As I have unticked CC13 from all custom wage type like 1111, 2222 etc. In case if some employee get salary more than 15000 (ESI Slab), will these changes not affect the system ???

As I have tested  for same employee while editing the IT0008 by salary 16000 and here also ESI calculation is working

If employee's ESI has been deducted on the April month then his ESI will be deducted still september no salary increment or >=15000 will be effective.

And same for the period for October to March.

/112 & /113 is not equal?

Please read the SAP documentation in CC12 & CC13 you will understand the logic. Go to SM30 then V_512W_D then select any wage type and click on F1 in CC12 or CC13 (in text portion).

In a simple way /113 is consider total value without considering LWP and its linked with PC72. /112 is taking actual value.

Value is not equal to because might have some custom wage type you still maintained CC13 and PC72. Please check once.

Hope so you got it.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh/Santosh,

Thanks a ton for your valuable input.

I have unticked the CC13 and I got the below RT table where /3E1 & /3E2 are coming finally.

/113 has a value of 16240 . is it correct or not ?

As I have unticked CC13 from all custom wage type like 1111, 2222 etc. In case if some employee get salary more than 15000 (ESI Slab), will these changes not affect the system ???

As I have tested  for same employee while editing the IT0008 by salary 16000 and here also ESI calculation is working

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ritu

Message was edited by: Ritu Jaiswal

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Check all CC12 & CC13.

Then have you assigned PA & PSA grouping correctly.

Check this below two table

1.V_T7INE1

2.V_7IN0P_ESI

REgards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain cumulation class 12 only Cumulation class13 is not required to maintain for all of your wage types 1111,2222,3333,4444,5555 and maintain processing class 72 for the same.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Info type 0588 0001 is maintained for the employee if not maintained maintain it.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Its maintained.

Ritu