cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How system calculate material commitment date for production ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I wanna header material commitment date for start production as per my all raw material availability.

thanx in advance.

Amit Awasthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

If you are talking about 1 level components then system always checks the availability of components during order creation and release based on OPJK settings you can decide whether to release the order or wait till all components are available.

If you are talking about FG BOM Multilevel component availability then in SAP R/3 it is not feasible you need to consider APO GATP.

See below thread for similar requirement

Br

KK

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Could not understand. Can you please explain with one example? Is it you want that system will propose production start date as per the component material availability? If it is so please refer my answer.

MRP always takes the requirement first and then drill down to the below component. If component are not available then MRP will create the proposal. So it's top to down.

If manual order is created, the date will be the delivery date of the end product which is being considered. So system will consider delivery date or production finish date and drill down further. ATP check is possible on that point.

It is possible nit to create the order if the material is not available (OPJK).

I think in standard SAP it is not possible to create an order on the availability of the raw material.

The answer is valid if I have understood your question correctly

Regards,

Krishnendu.