cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of data from the client and its logistics provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have to do a file to file scenario that transfers data b/w the cleint and its logistics provider.i have a few doubts regarding this

1.do i need to ask the client to provide an acess to their server and its service provider

2. should it be a A2A or B2B scenario

3.should it still be a B2B scenario even if we r given the acess to both?cant we configure the scenario using FTP adapters.

4.i heard abt a few adapterslike RNIF ..so on for B2B scenarios , r they replacements foe file r idoc adpaters of A2A ,do we still use these adapters

Message was edited by:

jaya krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see the below links

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap - Sender XI FTP Adapter with Regular Path Expression – ABAP

Regards

Chilla

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to place the taget file into the target server then you need the access of the target server. For this u need to use FTP. First check whether the FTP Connection is established or not.

some adapters like RNIF, CIDX are industry specific adapters.

The adapter like File, JDBC etc are termed as technical adapters and they will always continue to play a role in an Integration Environment.

Cheers

Vasu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1.do i need to ask the client to provide an acess to

> their server and its service provider

As it is a file to file scenario and you are planning to move the file to the logisitics system from XI, your target system should have a FTP service running on them to move the files into their zone. XI's file adapter needs FTP to move files / pick files from any loaction other than its own local folders.

> 2. should it be a A2A or B2B scenario

A2A / B2b doesnt matter. it is more of a Logical Perspective when you comapre A2A and b2b. not technical.

> 3.should it still be a B2B scenario even if we r

> given the acess to both?cant we configure the

> scenario using FTP adapters.

B2B is a conceptual idea and it does not matter if you are looking at FTP adapter or anytoher adapter. When integrating applications acorss evndors it is termed b2b while integrating with the clients landscaprew becomes A2A.

> 4.i heard abt a few adapterslike RNIF ..so on for B2B

> scenarios , r they replacements foe file r idoc

> adpaters of A2A ,do we still use these adapters

RNIF and other b2b adapters are industry specifci adapters. They are used for Specific Insutrires. CIDX is used for chemical industry , RNIF is for Rosettanet and so on.

The adapter like File, JDBC etc are termed as trechnical adapters and they will always continue to play a role in an Integration Environment.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavnesh

so do we need to do a A2A scenario with FTP services running in the cleint and its service rpovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhnavanesh thank you for your reply

so now do i need to create an A2A scenario with FTP runing on the target system

When do we go for Parties and business services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will be a B2B scenario. You need to have Xi at your client place and XI/PCK at the logistics side.

The adapters are not a replacement for file/idoc adapters.

Regards,

Jai Shankar