cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to Setting additional user status

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to set additional user status.

As my understanding we can set only one user status related any status profile.

Is there any way to set additional  user status.Any help in this regard much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

My understanding is that one transaction can only have one user status (that can be changed through time). With system status is different, one transaction can have one-to-many.

Kind regards,

Garcia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frankoverip
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

User status represent life cyle information where one status leads to another and where you define what status comes next and to which status you may go back. System status on the other hand represent flags so there can be multiple of them.

In my applications I often use appointments to keep track of such status like information as they are easy to customize and - in a way - represent a flag. If the date is set the document has reached a certain status.

Maybe this is a solution for your requirement?

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,Bruno for your responses.

@Frank Actually I didn't Understand how appointments can be used for additional user status      availability.

If u could explain a bit more it would you really helpful for me.

Thanks,

Anil

frankoverip
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

First of all, there can only be one user status at a time and I don't know any way to change this. However, if you need more than one status, appointments might be a workaround.

If the status you need represent a binary information - something has happended: yes or no - this can also be expressed by an appointment. When you want to say "something has happened: yes", customize an appointment "Something has happened" and set its date to sy-datum to express that is has the "status" is set. 

Although you have to create some logic to fill the appointment, this has often been quite handy in my applications - I customize the appointment and fill it whenever I want to keep track of some condition has been reached (and when it has been reached).

I can't say if this matches your requirement - it's just something that worked for me to.

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Frank.