cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omit some bucket and generate demand in sap apo dp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In SAP DP I want to run a forecast. Say I have 10 products and want to generate forecast for 18 time buckets, here I want one product to omit 8 bucket and generate forecast for remaining 12 buckets and other 9 product to generate forecast to in all 18 buckets. Please advise how to run the forecast to get this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you use lifecycle planning to adress this. You will be able to keep one single master profile without the need of any macros:

1- Create a PhaseIn/PhaseOut Profile "OMIT 8 buckets"

For the time buckets you wish to omit, leave blank values and for all other ones, enter 100

2- Assign that PhaseIn/Phase Out profile to that one exception sku

3- Make sure that lifecycle planning is active in your master profile

Hope this works for you,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MM,

I agree to Mariano's suggestion of adding an Offset, which would certainly fulfil your query. We do have similar set-up as per your requirement.

Happy Testing

Regards

Rahul Chitte

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

Try with using two different forecast profiles (/SAPAPO/MC96B).. one of them should have an off set:

This is the help of the Off Set:

Move Forecast Period

Number of offset periods that is applied to the future or history
horizon.  For both forecast and historical data a positive offset means that
period is moved to the future and a negative offset means it is moved to the
past.

Note that this also means when using a seasonal model that the start of a
seasonal cycle is moved by the number of periods in the offset into the future.
This could result in inaccurate forecasts. If you do not require this behavior,
but do not want to save forecast for the immediate future, leave the offset
field blank and use BAdI
/SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE
to change the behavior when saving data.

Examples

+8 for the future forecasting horizon means that the forecast is calculated
starting on the 9th period in the future.

Dependencies

To use this option, you must define the future and historical forecasting
horizons by entering numbers of periods. Do not enter From and
To dates.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

If you trying to do it in interective planning then create two selection profiles, one with 1 product and another with 9 products.

load first selection - run univariate forecast - adjust the forecast horizon as required under horizons tab and continue.

load second selection - run univariate forecast - adjust the forecast horizon as required under horizons tab and continue.

If you want to do it in background, then one possible option can be writing a macro and schedule it in background.

hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.. but my limitation is I can not create separate selection profile. I have to generate all 10 product demand in one run... in a single planning table with one selection profile in one table..

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

In this case you can use user exit macro for fulfilling your requirement.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please give some steps and/or screen shots about exit macro and how to use this as I know only general macro... thanks for your kind help..

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

Steps:

- Use Transaction /SAPAPO/ADVM to call the macrobuilder.

- Select a macro book.

- Use Drag and Drop to move the icon labeled 'User exit macro' from the Shuffler into the middle of the screen and attach it to the icon with the name 'Macro'.

- Rename it.

- If required, link the user exit macro icon you have just created with one of the event icons located in the right-hand screen.

Creating the user exit

- Start Transaction SMOD.

- Enter APODM005 in the 'Enhancement' field. Select 'Display'.

- Then choose 'Components' or Shift+F11 and double-click the name of the function module.

- Double-click the include contained in the function module to enter the source code.

Please check "Note 418801 - Creating a user exit macro" for more details.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a seperate master forecast profile with the forecast horizon you want to.

create a selection for only that product which you want to omit the first 8 buckets ( Exclude this product from the other selection)

create an activity and the planning job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rorie,

Thanks for your reply, could you please elaborate your answer. We can use one master forecast profile only... and there is no option like selecting particular cvc or product for forecast run. it reads all historical data from history key figure and generate forecast in the defined future horizon. if I omit 8 starting buckets then all products forecast will be generated omitting 8 buckets and if I create another master forecast profile to generate forecast for all the buckets then all products forecast will be generated in all the buckets...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can save the selection for the product which you want to omit the first 8 bukets and you create an activity /n/sapapo/mc8t and add the master profile in to the activity. next step is to create a planning job (/n/sapapo/mc8e) , add the selction ID, choose the aggregation level.

you can have multiple forecast profiles with different strategy, different horizons etc.,

or you can create a macro as suggested by sourabh, or if you have a zero out KF, then you can run RTSCOPY to zero out the 8 bukets for that particular product.