cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 sp4 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiii ,

I need to install Afaria 7 SP4 on cloud. I can see in Download section for Afaria software that the file size for Afaria 7 sp4( 291 mb file size) which  is comparitably less than earlier version like Afaria 7 SP3 (file size 811 mb).

Do I need to first install Afaria 7 sp3 then upgrade to Afaria 7 sp4. 

Can anybody guide me on this pls.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javed

Service Pack installs should contain the full product.  Therefore, you don't need to install base 7.0 then each Service Pack in sequence.

For example, I have just used the Afaria 7.0 Service Pack 5 installation media and deployed a full set of Afaria components.  There was no need to install anything prior to this.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for replying.

I am confused here when I see the file size of different service pack of afaria 7 differs consideribly.For ex Afaria 7.0 Service Pack 4 is 298749 kb but size of Afaria 7.0 Service Pack 3  is 831176 kb.

Please suggest if I just go ahead with Afaria 7 sp4 installation.Will it need any other hotfixes to get install. or ity will just work fine with sp4.

Best Regards

Javed

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javed

Since SP3, we removed the .Net 3.5 distribution, which was about 237Mb, as well as some other bigger files.

The sizes of my full SP4 and SP5 installs are 299Mb and 311 Mb respectively.  These have been installed without any previous GA or Service Pack installation.

If you've downloaded SP4 or SP5, you should find in the folder structure, you have all of the components and redistributables needed for a full installation.

Any reason why you're not installing SP5 instead of SP4?

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Now I got it why the file size are less.This implies that If I download and install SP4 directly then it shoud work fine absolutely.

Our business solution has been designed for SP4 so thats why going with it.

Any major difference with SP5.?

Best Regards

Javed

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javed

Please see here for What's New and Release Information in SP5:

SAP Afaria 7 SP5 On Premise – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nick,

Thats really helpful.

In the meantime let me start installtion with sp4 on dev. cloud server and will get  back to you for your help if I am stuck somewhere.

Many many thanks for your help

Best Regard

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I have just begun with installation part.As prerequisite for Afaria Server installation I am considering below points

• create a Windows user account for operations
  • establish your database environment.
  • Ensure that VC Runtime and .NET framework programs are installed.

I have installed VC Runtime ,.NET framework programs and IIS.

Reg. first point i.e.

• create a Windows user account for operations

Can we just use server manager  -local user and groups for creating Windows user account and then map it to Afaria login as on my windows server 2008 r2 there are no Active directory is present.

Please help and suggest if we have any other way also to create windows user account for operation.

Best Regards

Javed

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javed

Yes, it is fine to use server manager to create a local account for the Afaria Service account.  You need to make sure it is a member of the Local Administrators group.

Regards

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Javed , As per my knowledge , First you have to install Afaria 7 sp3 and then upgrade with Afaria sp4. Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal..

Thanks for replying.

Do we need to apply hot fixes of SP3 before upgrade to SP4.?

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Javed,

To install Afaria 7 SP4. You need to follow below order.

Afaria 7

Afaria 7 SP1

Afaria 7 SP2

Afaria 7 SP3

Afaria 7 SP4.

No need to apply hot fixes on top of SP3 as SP4 includes all the patches and hot fixes released on SP3.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Does it mean that I need to first install Afaria 7.. then Afaria 7 SP1 to SP4??

Best Regards

Javed

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct Javed. Afaria 7 is the base installer and later install support packs in sequence.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me if I just install Afaria 7 SP3 then Afaria 7 SP4 ...will it work then ...??

In my requiremnet only Windows 8 TAB and Android device are in scope.

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Javed,

You need to install Base installer Afaria 7 first. That is where all registry entries, virtual directories and system files are created.

Later follow support pack installation in the sequence I have mentioned (SP1-SP4). Because there can be chance that in particular SP there is no change in Base file or dll. So if you directly install latest SP and if there is no change in base file then you will be missing install of that file.

Moreover, I haven't tried this scenario of directly installing SP3. You can give a try. Logically it should trhrow you an error while installing.

Your devices requirement is fine.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks for your help.  I will give a try ..will then let you know.