Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query Upgrade.

former_member184624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to upgrade 3.5x queries to 7.0 version.

1. Is it possible to keep same technical name as 3.5x queries.

2. I want to change around 400 queries from 3.5 to 7.0 version. Can you pls let me know, is there any tool to change 400 queries to 7.0 at one step.

3. Can we use 3.5 Workbook in 7.0 Version. We are planning to keep same workbook in 3.5 and also in 7.0.

Please guide me how to achieve this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jalina

We recently performed this activity in our system where the scope was to migrate approx: 1200 queries and quite a few number of workbooks.

Thus I would recommend following steps:

1) Identify the number of queries and workbooks to be migrated.

2) Copy the queries as backup to avoid any issues.

3) Write a program that accepts the name of queries as input and updates the value of Field "Version" of Table: RSZCOMPDIR with 101. (Please this field is used to identify if the query is 3.x or 7.0 query in general any value greater than 100 in this field makes the it a 7.0 query).

4) Check the queries by opening them in new frontend.

4) After completion of query migration you have to migrate the variants, please use standard program: RSR_MIGRATE_VARIANTS for this purpose.

6) Migrate the workbooks manually as unfortunately the migration of workbook has to be done manually in frontend. ( Please note you have to migrate the workbooks too along with query migration else it won't work any longer)

7) There is a possibility that some users have locally saved workbooks which you cannot access as they might be stored in their favorite, so please inform and circulate the "How to" guide with images to them to avoid any issues.

😎 Please pay attention to the worbooks used in Broadcaster if any as some old features won't work any longer.

Hope it helps and do post in case any further details is required.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a program that accepts the name of queries as input and updates the value of Field "Version" of Table: RSZCOMPDIR with 101. (Please this field is used to identify if the query is 3.x or 7.0 query in general any value greater than 100 in this field makes the it a 7.0 query).

If Possible can you provide ABAP code  for the same.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jalina,

1. Is it possible to keep same technical name as 3.5x queries.

Yes It is possible to keep same tech name of Bex query.

2. I want to change around 400 queries from 3.5 to 7.0 version. Can you pls let me know, is there any tool to change 400 queries to 7.0 at one step.

AS per My knowledge there is no option for mass upgrade for queries.you need to open each query in 7.0 designer it will migrate to new version.

3. Can we use 3.5 Workbook in 7.0 Version. We are planning to keep same workbook in 3.5 and also in 7.0.

Once your queries are migrated to 7.0 I think you can not keep your workbooks in 3.5.better you can migrate your workbook also to 7.0 .

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, technical names will be the same.if you need to change, while saving query in 7.x designer choose - save as.

2. Am not sure about mass upgrade option. But bex migration is very simple.

You just need to open your 3.x query from bw 7.x query designer and save it.

to know whether its migrated to bw 7.x,  Go to table RSZCOMPDIR , enter your query technical id(comp id) and execute it. observe the column VERSON >100 then its migrated.

3. Once you migrate to 7.x then you can't able work with 3.x workbook. it won't allow you to open as well.

Thanks