Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Pass Report Detail Function Variables to Report Footer

I need to track and accumulate the costs for different "PROJECTS"  and print them out on the report in the detail section.  The "PROJECTS" names are in a string variable delimited by a semi-colon, coming from a database table.  Because of this, I cannot use any of the built-in CRYSTAL grouping or summary function.

I use a CRYSTAL Formula "TheProjectsAndCostsAvg" to pass all the cost variables and project-name string variable to a function, where I split out all the data to get the various Project name(s) and cost(s).

I build string variables for each "Project' name and their costs, then pass them back to the report to print out in the detail section.

What I would like to do is accumulate the totals, that I am printing in the detail section, in the function for each project, create a string variable which includes the project names and dollar amounts.  I would like to pass this string variable back to the Report and print it out in the Report-Footer.  I have not figured out how to pass variables created in the detail section to the report footer section.

I enclosed a copy of the Formula, The Function and output.

Thanks,  Vince

The_Output.PNG (25013 B)
Former Member
replied

Hey Vince,

Your understanding about the variables being referenced from the formula on the details section is correct.

And yes, you can use 'VB Syntax' to create a formula too. In the formula editor, select 'VB Syntax' from the dropdown on the top that defaults to 'CR Syntax'.

-Abhilash

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question