Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date xx/yy/zzzz is within a protected time period

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created change master thru CC01 on 8th Sep 14, which is valid from "9/9/14" and in Object Types, i had choosen BOM as Active.

Now, when i am trying to make changes to a BOM using this change number, i am getting warning message as "Date 09/09/2014 is within a protected time period". When checked configuration of "ECM Control Data", we have checked "Date Check" and Maintained "Warning Time in days" as "1".

Does this mean till 10th September(today) we cannot make any changes to BOM using this change master?. We can make change to BOM using this change number from tomorrow?.

Please clarify whether my understanding is correct.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I hope this is a warning message. still you can change it. Can you please try and revert back?

I have used this functionality long back and from the back of my mind if I remember correctly, your understanding is correct. There is always a period within which change is not allowed or allowed followed by a warning message.

Please see the transaction OS54.

As well refer the SAP help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Limit for Warning Message in Days

Number of calendar days determining the protected time period for processing a change master or a change object. Within this time period, you see a warning message.

The base date for the check is today's date. The system calculates the warning time (in days) by counting forward or backward from today's date.

The protected time period includes the date calculated and all days before this date (see example).

Use

The check is made in the following processing situations:

Processing a change master record

Entering the valid-from date

Entering an alternative date

Shifting the valid-from date or alternative date

Allocating an alternative date to a change object or deleting an allocation

Processing a change object with reference to a change number whose valid-from date is in the protected time period

Changing a change object (for example, BOM or routing)

Assigning or changing a revision level

Examples

How the protected time period for a warning message is calculated

Settings in Customizing

Date check active

Warn. time in days: 10

Processing:

Date shift in the change master record.

System checks:

Today's date: 10/10/96

==> Protected time period: 10/20/96 and the days before

Date shifted to: 10/15/96

==> Warning message, because 10/15/96 is in the protected time period.

If you confirm the warning message, you can shift the date to 10/15/96.

Dependencies

If you enter a negative value (such as 10-), the system calculates the protected time period backward

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Success.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Krish's reply is very clear. If ECM control data has been marked for date check with warning ni.of days, then system will check the current date with the valid from date, if the difference is lesser than or equal to the no.of days provided in ECM control data - either in warning or error, then system throws an error or warning mesage accordingly. It is like you are protecting the busniess user's not to use the change master or change object for a certain period of time.

Regards,

Chinna

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnedu,Chinna,

Thanks both for ur immediate inputs. Though it is warning message, it is not allowing me to make changes. I will try tomorrow and update you.

As per your comments, my understanding is correct.

With in the protected time period, as i thought it will not allow to make changes to BOM using this change number.

Thanks for both of u for ur inputs.

I have awarded points to both of u.

Thanks again.