Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME28 user exit - sy-ucomm not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to check sy-ucomm in the user exit EXIT_SAPLEBND_002 which is triggered by transaction ME28 - convert a planned order to purchase requisition. Immediately after pressing the release button for the purchase document the SY-UCOMM value is '%_GC 102 2'.

When the program control reaches the user-exit, SY-UCOMM is already cleared. Analysing the flow shows it is cleared by the method,

CL_GUI_CFW=>DISPATCH. This is totally the ALV way of handling things. The ALV control passes on to call the function module BAPI_PO_RELEASE which inturn calls the user exit.

The question is?? How to get the SY_UCOMM in the user exit. Has any one has ever experienced this before. Your answers are much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

ronaldo_aparecido
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandran.

I in this case send the sy-subrc to memory and when you need it then you set the value from memory.

1-You can create a ehanment point when the SY-UCOMM value is '%_GC 102 2'.

2-You can create a variable type SY-UCOMM  then pass the value of  sy-ucomm for that variable.

3-Use set parameter id to send the value to memory.

4-Inside exit you can create a variable type SY-UCOMM and use the get parameter for get the value of sy-ucomm from memory.

0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

Thanks for the reply.

My concern was - we need to make this enhancement in the standard ALV program which is vastly used. But it can be restricted based on the calling transaction code. But some how I felt it is doing too much of enhancement 🙂

Also i wanted to understand why is SAP clearing SY-UCOMM here in the ALV. Is not there any standard way of getting this. 

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

Do you need get the value '%_GC 102 2' inside of exit?For any verification?

0 Kudos

Exactly Ronaldo!

The functional background of this is, that we need to intercept the PO approval in ME28 with ALV grid layout to perform a check on the user. That value should be the approval event with ALV if we're not wrong.

Please advise

0 Kudos

Ok Guys

Sorry for my ignorance.But i think that i don't udesrtand correctly .sorry.

1-you go to ME28 and do your process (click)

2-this process pass by exit .

3-I dont understand the ALV  in this case.

Can you send images of screens with process ?

I think maybe you could use assign but i need know more about it.

thanks and sorry again.