cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Type in OBA7- Restriction to Use a Z or Y ID's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have never been clear on whether the User defined Document Types in OBA7 is impacted by the conventional rule to always use either a Y or Z for customised objects in SAP. Does any one have any experience as to if thee is any risk of user defined document types cleaned upafter upgrade etc.

i like to use a "K" ID for a new document type I intend to create but want to be sure I am not exposed to any risk.

Thanks,

Ade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ady,

There is no risk using user defined documents in SAP.  But you need to make sure all the properties of documents selected properly.  I suggest you to while creating a own documents jus to copy the standard one and give your own document type name.  There won't be any problem.  But using a standard documents is a good option.  Thanks.

Regards,

Ahemmed

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

There is as such no restriction on using Y or Z doc types specifically. We have using Document Types starting with all alphabets and numerals. This was required to take care of so many seperate document types required for reporting purposes in the Geographies that we operate across the globe.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thanks for your reply. I got the same question for you as I had for Tejas: Have you had any system upgrade (Enahcement Packs) since you have been using this approach without any issues?

-Ade-

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created document types as per region name. In other words we have given first alphabet of region and then A, B, C and so on as we have restricted the authorization as per region. In addition to it we can use wildcard region first name and then * which helps us to pull data for e.g. in FAGLL03, for e.g. region name is Region then we have created document type as RA and while pulling data in FAGLL03 user filters the data on the basis of R* so he he gets only documents that are passed by his region and gives the same to auditors for checking.

Thus auditors can also verify data as per region as well as company level in case there are common G/Ls which makes there life more simpler.

Hope this solves your issue else revert.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas,

That sounds good. Question for you though, Have you had any system upgrade (Enahcement Packs) since you have been using this approach without any issues?

Thanks

-Ade

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ade,

We did not have any system upgrade (Enhancement packs).

We did not faced any issues in fact client and auditors were happy as they were easily to identify the documents after putting filter.

Congrats for your issue getting resolved .

Regards,

Tejas

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ade,

Check the link below:

Document Type - General Ledger Accounting (FI-GL) (New) - SAP Library

It is better to use Z or Y and let the other letters for SAP. And resaerch too a OSS.

JPA