cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Customize Power Designer Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup Power Designer Portal 16.5 SP03; Honestly, I find the User experience bad  - it is very slow and it has too much unwanted information in Repository Explorer. I like the HTML reports the tool generates than the portal navigation. The portal also is missing information like columns in an index, not null in tabular view.

1. I am interested in customizing the UI/presentation to a simple single page report than do so many clicks to get to a piece of information about a table with so many confusing frames / Tabs and inner tabs in the browser.
  2. I want to get better performance for browse and navigation.
  3. Better export feature to XL and PDF - Current one is limited and almost not useful.

If anyone has done this kind of customization, can you please share your experience and or contacts?

Is it even possible to move the data Apache Lucene - Apache Solr for better search.

As much as I like Power Designer client product, the Portal is no where near enterprise software application category and definitely needs some open source support to make it better.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exporting to Excel is much better supported in the client, either via exporting list reports, or by creating custom generations. See the sample scripts provided with PD: "Export LDM to Excel" and "Export_Model_To_Excel".

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP are releasing a limited-scope HTML 5 editor later this year, initially restricted to editing BPMN models. I haven't seen it myself, apart from a few screen shots, but it's very likely that it'll give you the features you need. I suggest you raise a support case with SAP, asking for a preview.

It may be better investing your effort in talking to SAP than doing your own customisation. Nobody likes spending time inventing something that gets replaced almost immediately .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

We are working on the similar lines and want to customize Portal's Security Model.

Currently it provides restriction at folder/model level, if Security can be enforced at a much granular level in the model it will be wonderful.

Besides that the Portal search performance is very slow and check-in through proxy takes longer.

Ravi

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The portal relies on the privileges granted in the Repository - it is a view on the repository after all. Within a model, you can set privileges for packages, but not for diagrams or objects.