Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to Customize Power Designer Portal?

I have setup Power Designer Portal 16.5 SP03; Honestly, I find the User experience bad  - it is very slow and it has too much unwanted information in Repository Explorer. I like the HTML reports the tool generates than the portal navigation. The portal also is missing information like columns in an index, not null in tabular view.

1. I am interested in customizing the UI/presentation to a simple single page report than do so many clicks to get to a piece of information about a table with so many confusing frames / Tabs and inner tabs in the browser.
  2. I want to get better performance for browse and navigation.
  3. Better export feature to XL and PDF - Current one is limited and almost not useful.

If anyone has done this kind of customization, can you please share your experience and or contacts?

Is it even possible to move the data Apache Lucene - Apache Solr for better search.

As much as I like Power Designer client product, the Portal is no where near enterprise software application category and definitely needs some open source support to make it better.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question