cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes not seen for Characteristics in Query Designer under Info Provider area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have upgraded SAP GUI (Query Designer) to 7.30, Support Package 6 and Revision 724.  From then we started to experience a strange issue.  The attributes of Characteristics cannot be displayed in the Query Designer for all the queries in the Info Provider area.  It continuously displays a clock  symbol and says Loading but it will never load.

When tested the same in another machine with 7.2 GUI, SP 5 , Revision 672 everything is working normally.  It means that this is not any authorizations issue etc.,   and this must be some bug in the Query Designer.  If anyone experienced the same and found some relevant OSS note, Patch, any other workaround or a complete fix please let me know how you did it.

I am attaching the screenshot of new Query Designer GUI version Info.

Your Advises may make a lot of difference.

Thank You

Mohan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patch  BI730SP07_701-10011800.EXE did the trick.  Updating this info here thinking this might help someone with the same problem.

Mohan Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue with this release

Bi AddOn 7.X (Based on 7.30)

Sup package 67

Revision 724

To display values,  I expanded folder characteristic value variable below attributes folder.

And that action unfreeze the loading of attributes.

Regards

Edward

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem recently.

Upgrading to: BI AddOn 7.x (based on 7.30) Support package 7 Revision 734 solved the problem.

I didn't do anything with patch mentioned above.

Regards, Leszek