cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ME140 "No print-relevant changes to document" for NEW message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I get the error message ME140 when creating NEW scheduling agreement.

Message type is NEU; fine-tuned control is set up so that NEU is dedicated for new printout only; print program is a customized program but even after changing back to standard program the error message still persists; error happens with both dispatch time 3 and 4.

There're many discussions in forum for this error message, but all of them just talk about Change message, not NEW message in my case. Setting of message is illustrated below. Please advise if you have any ideas. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Duc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using NEU message type for Outline agreement and you have print indicator 1 assigned NEU message type.

Now assign print indicator 2 (change) to NEU message type for Outline agreement in following path:

SPRO - > MM - > Purchasing - > Message - > Output control - > Message types - > Define Message Types for Outline Agreement- >  Fine-Tuned Control: Outline Purchase Agreement

&

keep as following:-

2 ----------NEU------------Outline agreement------------------Change

Also discuss with ABAPer and check your PDF/Smartform which is assigned NEU message type for Outline agreement is allowed to have print?

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biju K,

For change message, we're using AEND; NEU is only for new message, hence it doesn't make sense to assign Change indicator in fine-tuned control.

The form is allowed to have print, that I can confirm.

The main problem here as I see, that is SAP is treating NEU as a Change message even though it's not supposed to do so.

Regards,

Duc.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK. Instead of NEU, you can create new message type ZNEU for Outline agreement and this new ZNEU message type for Outline agreement in message schema.

Now try your print with ZNEU message type for Outline agreement

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you test the scenario again with dispatch time as 3 and output through ME9E. Please check and revert back with the system behavior.

Also share your SAP release details with EHP.

If you are getting the message ME140 even when creating the new purchasing document / when printing first time,  with standard output program SAPFM06P, form routine ENTRY_NEU and form MEDRUCK, you may check whether any development is altering the standard behavior or check for OSS notes (I couldnt find anything relevant for new purchasing docs) or  raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AKPT,

thank you for your reply.

I did test once again with dispatch time 3 & standard program & form, error still persists. I've also checked OSS notes but all of them just say about change message.

Hoping someone who has already encountered the same problem could give me some hint.

Regards,

Duc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My system version is ERP 6.0 EHP 6.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are facing the error even with standard program, I would suggest to raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you searched in SCN about your query ?

Go to SCN Search and search about your query..

I've found many discussions for the same topic or message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As I already mentioned, many discussions in SCN are talking about Change message, not New message in my problem.