cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datetime format is not showing in Webi as exactly in Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have data in our reporting database (sybase iq 15.4)  as the datetime type  and the data is storing as below

2014-09-09 22:31:42.124,  my objective is to create object based on this column and use it in Reports, which should be I18N standard, and drill up to minute,hour,day,week,month,year. ( i have different columns in the database for these hierarchy).

Now when i create an object in universe using the column - first of all i don't have datetime type to define  ( i am using BO XI 3.1 SP5), so  set it to date type.

now when i drag this object in webIntelligence report,  by default it is showing as 9/9/2014  : There is no time information here.

but  when format the cell to display hours/minutes/seconds, it is showing properly

Now the Question is :if the change the viewing locale, the format is not changing accordingly,

could you please let us know how best we can solve this issue?

and also if i drill up to day or hour,  it is giving #format error.

Please let me know your thoughts to solve this issue

Regards,

krishna Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Format Date function as below.

=FormatDate(DateObject();"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you specify that format then changing the viewing locale will have no effect (as the OP said, when the viewing locale is changed, the date format is unchanged).

For a locale specific format,try:

=formatdate([Date Object];"INPUT_DATE_TIME")

NMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, once we apply the formula it became variable, we can't use in the drill up/drill down hierarchy.

if we want to do it in universe level this format should be fixed.

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

Then just apply (the date format) using an Alerter / Conditional Formatting. This should retain drill functionality.