cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio Crosstab - Limitation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Below is a summary of issue I'm facing at a customer location.

Design Studio CrossTab :

Q1Q2Q3Q4
north100120130142
south123176132123
east 130187154134
west132133189134

I'm currently working at a customer place on a dashboard requirement and found this gap in requirement for crosstab.

Would really appreciate if anyone can point me towards a workaround to achieve this.

1. Consider the above sample cross tab which shows regional sales by quarter.
  2. It is required to be able to click on any of the numbers and go to a detailed report for those two dimensions : EG : click on 100 and open detailed report for NORTH/Q1.
  3. We plan to achieve this by using design studio for first page and on click open a webi document thru OPENDOCU and passing respective parameters.
  4. The problem is , in design studio – it is not possible to click on a measure to capture both the dimensions.
  5. In the CROSS-TAB component of Design studio,We can either capture region or Quarter but not both at the same time.
  6. Is there any way I can click on the numbers and capture the associated two dimensions for the key-figure.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this request is old - but probably not everyone is aware that newer Design Studio versions have the requested feature.

Just set Selection Type of Crosstab to "Data Cell".

Then you can get all dimensions either by getSelectedMember or getSelection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this in DS1.6SP2... still an issue. You can only pass dim from ROWS even if you change settings to capture 'data' cell. I guess it is a bug. Will open a case with SAP.

Currently all column member is showing as (ALL MEMBERS)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

in case your Design Studio CrossTab is really as static as in your visualization, you could try to achieve the constellation by painting own simple table (eg using panels as in my blog "Painting" with Design Studio via CSS3 and placing commands on each cell.

in case it is - I can make an example for you. this would be something what gets a data via DS_1.getData(...) and places it into text component.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay, as you that cross tab will let you select either on row header or column header. Meaning, you can select either row value or column value.

So this can be achieved but you need to have dimensions either in columns or in rows. I tested this scenario and could capture both dimension values.

Apparently, it is a workaround not a solution

var div=CROSSTAB_2.getSelectedMember("_dbYX8CwZEeS6mO4guBZEDA").text;

var type=CROSSTAB_2.getSelectedMember("_dbY_ACwZEeS6mO4guBZEDA").text;

TEXT_3.setText(div+type);

You may use these variables in your OPENDOC.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

Thanks a lot for your response.

The approach you mentioned does capture both dimensions-and technically works,

but that way we will end up distorting the definition of cross-tab.

Business users I'm sure will have reservations about this way of representing data.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Rgds,
Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem But at the moment, I am not sure how that can be achieved with crosstab structure intact.

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I want to include a url which will point out to the webi report on capturing the variables that you have provided in the above screenshot.

In your case First Line Management and 324687 is captured.

for the same thing I want add url once I select on the crosstab and that url will open a webi report passing these variables.Insert the url text I want on click for a particular measure of crosstab.

Thanking you in advance

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik