cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update availability, location via edit resource function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

As part of our original PPM rollout, PPM resources (or Business Partners) were created using HR integration. We have since changed the process to create BP's directly in PPM using the Create Resource or Edit Resource (webdynpro web UI) function.

The issue I am facing is when I try to update the status, availability or location for a resource/BP that was created using HR integration it does not allow me to do so. No issue for resource created directly in PPM. I can do this without any issues using transaction RPM_EMPDATA. Any ideas as to why I cannot perform the same function using the webdynpro UI which is what end users will be using.

Here's screenshot showing the create button disabled. I see the same behavior in the location and availability tabs as well where the buttons are disabled.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

There is an attribute EXTERNAL_FL in the table RPM_BUPA_LOCAT which must be set to X in order to change the business partner attributes.

Try if it works.

BR,

LS

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

As far as I know, whenever we enable HR integration, we are unable to edit many information. One of the case was we were unable to edit personnel number & user id in employee role of a BP through tcode-BP. In your case also it may be the situation.

And also in your screenshot, for test PPM user, the status was updated manually or details came from HR system? If it is coming from HR system, then all other data could also come from there.

May be you can switch-off HR integration & try..

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response. For the test PPM user I believe the status came from HR integration. I am able to change to inactive, however, I cannot add or delete records.

The HR integration is switched off via IMG > SAP PPM > Project Management > Resource Management > Business Partner > Set up Integration of HR as shown in screenshot below. Is there anything else I need to change or is there any other settings I need make in the option above?

Thanks,

Lashan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

No idea what could be reason for this..You are able to add/change the data in RPM_EMPDATA transaction but not from PPM application. May be you can check with SAP..

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anytime you tried generating trace for authorization check. I am not completely sure but even we had the same issue when we wanted user to update the availability from NWBC. I guess we resolved it by authorization check.

Regards,

Pramod