Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Certificate problems with SMP 3.0 and Reverse Proxy

Hi

I have installed SMP 3.0 SP3 and deployed Inventory Manager 4.0. As you all know, a certificate (smp_cert.cer) is created during the installation.

This certificate is installed on my iPhone and the application works perfectly.

Now I want to publish the application outside the network with a Reverse Proxy. The installation is done, and the product is NGINX (recomended by SAP).

I have followed a guide on SDN (starting from page 72) of how to deal with the certificate.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/200d7500-2605-3210-9d91-a24cfb6523ba?QuickLink=index&…

When connecting to the application with the proxy using the external URL, I get a Server Error (14) when requesting public key. The error message is SSL Invalid chain error.

Lets say the internal hostname of the server is devmobile.sap.local and the published URL with the proxy is sapmobile.customer.com.

Should I regenerate the Agentry certificate with the Keytool hold the external URL as described here? Regenerating SMP 3.0 Agentry Certificate

I have tried to regenerate with the external hostname and installed the certificate on my iPhone, but same problem.

Im confused which certificate I should have installed on my device, the proxy and the server. Can someone please help me clear this up?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question