Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Having Issues with Function Output

I need to track and accumulate the costs for different "PROJECTS", and print them out on the report in the detail section.  The "PROJECTS" names are in a string variable delimited by a semi-colon, coming from a database table.  Because of this, I cannot use any of the built-in CRYSTAL grouping or summary functions.

I use a CRYSTAL Forumula "TheProjectsAndCostsAvg" to pass all the cost variables and project-name string variable to a function, where I split out all the data to get the various Project name(s) and cost(s)

I build string variables for each "Project" name and their costs and pass them back to the report to print out in the detail section.

I am having 2 problems.  I print out the string from the function next to the "XXX" in the Detail Section.  If you look at the output file, you will note that there is a "2.00" that prints out at the begining and end of the string.  I cannot for the life of me figure out where this value is coming from.  I tried adding "BeforeReadingRecords;" at the begining of the formula, that did not make a difference.

Also enclosed is a copy of the Formula "TheProjectsAndCostsAvg", and Function "ThePerProjectCost".  What the output looks like, and what the Desgn mode looks like.

I'm pulling my hair out.  Thank you

Vince

The_Output.PNG (25013 B)
Former Member
replied

Hi Vince,

Get rid of the text 'crDoubleLine' from each of your variables:

Example: strScopeTitle = crDoubleLine & "THE COST FOR THE SCOPE PROJECT: " & curScopeCost & crDoubleLine

Should just be:

strScopeTitle = "THE COST FOR THE SCOPE PROJECT: " & curScopeCost

-Abhilash

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question