cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues with Oracle-JDBC

0 Kudos

Using the Universe Design Tool in BOE 4.4 to create an Oracle-JDBC connection.

Issue:  Test Connection fails for JDBC connection to production Oracle database.

Getting error:

“DBD: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2: No such file or directory”

Things to note:

There are three entries in the tnsnames.ora file (a prod entry, a dev entry and a test entry).  I can successfully create the JDBC connections for the test and dev entries, but not prod.

I can go to Designer in another server (our BOE 3.5 server in a different environment) and create all three Oracle-JDBC connections.

The Oracle middleware is the same between the two servers (11g) and the tnsnames.ora files are identical.

The prod database is up (it would definitely be known if it were down).

Very confused on this one.  Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It appears that the SAP tool “Universe Design Tool” wants to have a fully qualified (host.parent domain.org) Net Service name for this particular connection as I was able to successfully JDBC connect to our production Oracle database.  The other two databases didn't need it and the Oracle SQL Developer (which uses JDBC for connections) didn’t need a fully qualified name for our production server either.  In any case, it appears to be working now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the domain account does not proper rights in oracle installation folder. Check below kb.

1241114  - Error: "ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-2701: shared memory realm does not exist"

0 Kudos

Ok. But then how would one explain the two successful entries I can make with the Universe Design Tool and all three that I can make in BOE 3 with Universe Designer?  All using the same domain account.

Thanks,

Todd