cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to create a TO automatically after production order confirmation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have just a question in order to know if we can configurate a procedure to a Production Order, so my question

is possible to create a TO automatically after production order confirmation in a standard enviroment?

Thanks in advance for all your comments

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again for the support...

Let me explain our process:

We are using WM and WM-PP interface

Material staging in WM w/o WM-PP interface

We book GI for the components  in IM (mvt 261)

The GI will result in negative stock in WM in interim storage type 914, parallely
we get TR (can be checked in LB10)

We process the TR (in this way TO will be created)  to move the goods to 914

Here the request

can we create a TO automatically from TR in this process?

We need to create a JOB to created the TOs?

Regards!!

Ronald

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Yes. You can create the TO automatically, check OMKX:

This will happens automatically.

Check the help:

Creating Transfer Orders Immediately at the IM Posting - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Lib...

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have this configuration

The TR created has auto TO creation no actived in header level..can this affec , how can i active this?

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Check OPKP. WM Request should be 1. Is this your case?

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Error is displayed

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the error log?

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Do this:

1. Create a Production Supply Area in PK05
  2. Assign the Production supply area in the work center CR02
  3. Create control cycle using transaction LPK1.

Hope this fix your issue.

KR,

Mariano

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

As I told you earlier in my yesterday's post and suggested by Mariano,

Create supply area, and assign same in work center. Also create control cycle in LPK1 and indicate dynamic storaqge bin for it, so that when you release the production order material staging happens automatically and components are staged in the storage type mentioned in the control cycle and dynamic storage bin (Production order number) will be assigned to it.

Because of this master data issue you are getting the error.

Below is the screen snap of the control cycle where you need to select dynamic storage bin.

After this please test and confirm.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronald,

In OMKZ in automatic TO set indicator as 1 not as A as shown in my earlier postings.

Br

KK

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronald,

After Production order confirmation generally put away TO needs to be created to place the GR stock in respective storage bins.

As said by Mariano for order components picking TR and TO needs to be created one order is been released to move the stock to PSA.

Now Please let us know what exactly you want to do?

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thank you for your help in this case.

Process:

The customer create a production order in CO01 and then they confirm the order in CO15, after confirmation TR is created ( we can see this in LB10 ) and negative stock is created (  we can see this in LS24 ).

Requirement:

They are asking to create the TO automatically after the production order confirmation. Negative stock is afecting the process.

Workaround:

They are creating the TO in background in LB10. ( negative is fixed )

Question:

Can we create the TO automatically after confirmation in standard configuration?

if no ,  how can we confirm this TO .using a JOB option?

TR created after confirmation

TR header

LS24 negative units.

Regards!!

Ronald

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronald,

Automatic TO creation control exist in Logistics Execution OMKX transaction.

For your scenario for WM movement type is 103(GR Production order) under Immediate TO creation column set it as A and see if that helps.

Example snap shot shown below

Br

KK

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Let me explain in a different way:

1. Before the confirmation of an order, you have to produce the order.
  2. Before to produce the order, you have to move all your components to the production line.

This means that, the TR and TO to move the components from the main warehouse to the production line (Shop Floor Location or PSA) should be done before the confirmation. In most of the companies, the TR and TO to move the components to the production line takes place at the time the production order is released. Are you following a different process?

Kind Regards,

Mariano

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronald,

If you are talking about Picking TO then refer 261 movement type in OMKX for same settings mentioned above for automatic TO creation.

And also check OMKZ transaction in Logistics Execution Setup Automatic TO creation for TRs/Posting Changes Notices for 261 movement type shown below.

Br

KK

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

For WM activated production order components you need to use the material staging functionality. For this maintain:

1. Production supply area in work center and

2. Create control cycle using transaction LPK1.

After this when production order is released TR and TO will be created automatically as per your cinfiguration.

When you confirm the production blackflushed components will be issued without creating any negative quantities in warehouse.

Please test and confirm,

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

During the confirmation of a production order (CO11N) you can execute the goods receipts (movement type 101). This will create automatically the TR and TO depending on your customizing. Check the movement type to see if its active or not:

SPRO --> Logistics Execution  --> Warehouse management --> Interfaces --> Inventory Management --> Define Movement Types  --> LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management. Here you will decide if a TR will be created automatically and if the TO will be created immediatelly..

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I maintain the configuration in the path mentioned. The system is creating the TR but no the TO. We are creting the TOs manually in LB10.

We confirm in CO15.

Thank you for your support

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I guess, have you maintained the automatic TO creation in the background?

It should occur automatically.

Indicator: Create transfer order immediately

This indicator controls whether transfer orders are created immediately after
the creation of a material document in Inventory
Management
(IM). The indicator has the following settings:

If you leave the field blank, no transfer order is created when the material
document is posted.

If you enter X in this field, the system creates a transfer order in the
background after you have posted the material document in the IM system.

Try and if the issue is solved close the thread.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

I have this indicator maintained..the movement type is 261

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Note that the automatic TO has sence in the confirmation for your goods receipt.

You mentioned that you are working with movement type 261. I don´t understand what you are trying to do.

When the Production order is released a TR is created to transfer the components to the prod floor location. Then you can create the TO and confim the TO once the components are moved to the production floor location. When the confirmation is done, you make the consumption of the components against the production order with the 261... but why you want to generate a TO. Note that at this time, in SAP all the components are already at the production line. You don't need to transfer the components.. just made the consumption.

Please let me know if I misanderstood your question..

Kind Regards,

Mariano