cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DMS document attachment to order header - can it also be done to a task list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

With business function LOG_EAM_CI_6, you can now attach DMS documents to the order header or operation level in the 'Additional Data' tab.

Since a lot of clients use documents to list complex preventive maintenance instructions, is it also possible to attach a DMS document to a task list header (or operation) and have it show up in the new 'Additional Data' screen area of the resulting order (using a maintenance item/plan to generate the order)?  Or do we still have to use the task list operation PRT functionality and have it show up in the order's operation PRT?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur

As wrote, standard DMS/Task Lists do not allow you to attach Task Lists but you may develop extensions to the standard Document Info Record Objects... The problem with Task Lists is you have three fields that are used for identification (Type/Group/Counter). This might be a little bit tricky but by using DMS object link classifications (for some of these fields) maybe you can extend the DIR attachments to involve Task Lists. If you try and succeed in doing that, please update this forum.

Cheers

stephan_bantlin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

with the Busines Function LOG_EAM_VE_INT documents can be attched to Task List.

If BF LOG_EAM_VE_INT can or shall not be activated (BF LOG_EAM_VE_INT is not available in EhP5) the customers have to maintain the required customizing settings manually. The manual activities are described in SAP Note 1821916.

This is done in the same way as in LOG_EAM_CI6 for PM order.

When both are activated you can attach documents on header and on operation level

thanks

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, and I don't want to second guess you - but all the SAP documentation for LOG_EAM_VE_INT mentions attaching documents to orders.  Before I go to Basis and ask them to activate it, are you using attachments to task lists or is there SAP help documentation mentioning task lists?

Thanks for any info.

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arthur

As in the note attached by Stephan, you do not need to activate that Business Function. Read the note. I have applied the configuration which is mentioned in the Appendix, and now I have Task List header level documents.

Regards

Savas

p.s. Many thanks Stephan! This helps me a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your assistance.  We did activate the LOG_EAM_VE_INT business function, although as you correctly mentioned the appendix shows the configuration necessary for this functionality without that activation, which is fairly minor.

In order to view the documents in the task list I configured:

SPRO > PM > System Enhancements > Activate Functions > DOC_TL_GUI.

And I checked that by adding documents to a task list header or operation, the work order generated from a maintenance plan/item referencing that task list does have those documents attached also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

I have configured Task list as per the SAP note 1821916  & activated DOC_TL_GUI. This allowed me to attach documents to the Operation &/or Header of the Task Lists. The problem I am facing is when I assign the task list to the work order the documents are not transferred . You have stated that they have transferred to the work order so I am wondering if there is something I missed.

Arthur Balajthy wrote:

And I checked that by adding documents to a task list header or operation, the work order generated from a maintenance plan/item referencing that task list does have those documents attached also.

I haven't tried from a Plan but will do that now.

I assumed if they were attached to the Task List Operation they would transfer to the Work Order like everything else on the Task List

Thanks in advance

stephan_bantlin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

the documents should be transfered from Task List to Order.

Please check if these document types are allowed in Order Header operation as well in Task List header operation.. This has to match otherwise they are not transfered

regards

Stephan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt that documents can be assigned to task list using above mentioned business function.

You have to use PRT documents for task list or you can assign the documents to Technical objects, so that those can be brought to Maintenance order.

Else, documents should be only assigned manually in Maintenance order.