cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Production Database - Supported Platforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm gathering requirements for an SMP 3.0 production install and I see that ASE, DB2, and Oracle are listed as supported database for the SMP 3.0 server.

Can you use (and is anyone using) another database such as MS SQL Server or MySQL? My client does have DB2 but it is on the mainframe and I'm not sure how easy that would be to use for this environment.

It would also be possible to run DB2 (and SMP 3.0) on Linux if necessary, but a Windows implementation is more desireable (due to the client's skillsets).

Thanks,
Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

DB2 11 is being installed in my organisation. We have UI in Power Builder V12.

Question: Is DB2 V11 is compatible with PB v12?

Regds,

Ranjani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaranjani,

This question is better asked in the PowerBuilder section of SCN.

PowerBuilder supports access to DB2 through an ODBC, JDBC, or an ADO.NET driver so you should be able to access V11 from PowerBuilder 12 as long as you have a compatible database driver.

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave, for pointing to the correct forum.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good news Dave; SMP SP05 has been released and it supports MS SQL Server -

Microsoft SQL Server Database Support - Release Notes: SAP Mobile Platform Server - SAP Library

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen, this is great news!

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

did you find any documentation about SQL Server *version* supported?

Neither in your link or PAM or "Note 1934552 - SAP Mobile Platform Server Persistence Database Support" it's mentioned.

Thanks, Fabio.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am able to see the SQL server version in PAM

I have reached out to SAP Support to update the Note. Hope to hear from them soon.

Rgrds,

JK

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just heard from SAP Support team that they will be removing the the link to the note from the file.

The database support can be found in PAM.  The note is no longer being maintained.  There is a link to the note from a PPT file that you can see in PAM that we are updating.

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I just updated SMP 3.0 to SP05 now the option for persistency database of MSSQL is there which is great!

Question: Can we migrate from derby to MSSQL? Or is this not possible which means we have install from scratch? At this point we are still not productive.

Can anyone answer my question?

Kind Regards,

Jacco Raymakers

andreas_wegmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jacco,
there is no supported scenario to migrate a Derby DB to any other productive DB.
The Derby DB is only for testing purposes and not designed for production purposes.
Even if it might be possible to migrate the data it has not been tested and verified and therefore it's not supported.
Please feel free to open a Feature Request at:
https://jam4.sapjam.com/groups/about_page/vh1LGHsuaGPLxoGO8cGNPR
BR
Andreas

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My question is answered.

Kind regards,

Jacco Raymakers

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

There was a similar discussion regarding DBs at my current client and we were informed by SAP that SQL Server support is coming with SMP SP05.

SP04 is scheduled for release sometime in Sept. so my guesstimate for SP05 would be Q1 2015.

Cheers,

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dave,

As far as I know MS SQL server is not yet supported.  I do know that the database doesn't have to be on the same server as the SMP 3.0 install so you can easily just point it to a DB2 instance on Linux or the mainframe.  The database instance is used for clustering and application configuration from an Agentry perspective.

Hope this helps!

--Bill