cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE engine doesn't start after changing password in configtool

0 Kudos

The story is

1. -->I tried to deploy WebDynpro app but it throws error message:

Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool.

2. --> so I changed the password through configtool. restart everything but J2EE engine doesn't up anymore (grey colour in MMC).

3. --> I'm trying to run configtool (select default) but it won't start (because j2ee engine doesn't up).

Q. --> How to start configtool? how to reset back the password? or how to rectify this Database issue? help....

note: I can login to Database in MMC.

thanks all

log from developer trace:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

In the configtool (secure store) where you have changed the password there are two fields for password change (one for db and other for engine).You changed the password but your databse password is the earlier one .So first change the DB password because this is the password your instance uses to connect to DB and the same should be mentioned in the secure store of the configtool .If there is any mismatch you will face the problem which you are telling.

Any issues feel free to ask.

Reward with suitable points

0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for reply.

you're right, I changed the engine password to 1234abcd.

but how and where I can change the DB password? I cannot start visual admin nor configtool.

also I'm afraid, DB password cannot start with number.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which is the Database you are using?You have to change the password from the database and not from any sap tool.Go log on to the databse and change the password for the database user that sap has created during installation.

If you can tell me ur database i can tell the user name.

Also Reward points:

0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I'm using MaxDB, standard NW 2004s installation .

Should I go to SAP management console (sap MMC)?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I go to sap mmc, Configuration - DBM Operator - CONTROL

and change it to "1234abcd" (to make it the same as j2ee engine's password) but it throws wrong parameter.

any idea?

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

Go to DataBase Manager and connect your server using control,control.Then to configration (on the left hand side)---database usergive here username as SUPERDBA,password(what u have given) to connect

Change the password of SAP(DBID)DB user password with the new one.

DBID is similar to SID ID in most cases.

No not forget to reward points

0 Kudos

I miss something here.

where is database manager? is it the one inside sap mmc?

Configuration - DBM Operator - SUPERDBA

I have 2 users, control and superdba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sorry i thought you had DB manager.You can install it from MaxDB software CD just go to setups and install DB manager.It is a client to connect to the maxdb database.I dont think it can be done through SAPMMC.

Answers (0)