Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum based on prompt

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a report(requirement) where i need to display total for data based on the inputs in selection prompt. More details in the attachment.

for Prompt RSo : if i select 1 value ex: APP then it should display totals for Data for APP.

and when I select 2 values for prompt  APP and BWPO . The report should display totals for App in one section and in 2nd section for BWPO and Totals for both APP and BWPO.

Also, If there is single entry then there will be single block, and the number of report blocks increase with as many values as in prompt selection.

The first 2 images are from cognos, 3 image is from webi i need to create

How can I accomplish this?

Any inputs highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

Do not create section on the RSO. Create Break on RSO column.

~Anuj

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Anuj,

It worked when I used Breaks...for Summing of RSo.But it is not working for RSo percentage...

Please see the screenshot...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

Sum and percentage that you are seeing in attached screenshot(highlighted in red) is overall percentage and sum for both APP and BWPO Rso.

If you want to see percentage for each individual RSOs create one new row below Sum row of each RSO and write formula for the percentage.

It will show you percentage for each RSO.

~Anuj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it through section as well, as it is giving you separate block for each RSO, then only you have to worried about Total of both the RSO selected in Prompt. This you can achieve with the help of context operator, by adding one more row in section and write below formula in that additional row:

= [Practice Total] In Report

this is just for "Practice total" column, you can add same for all of your columns.

Try it and let us know if you face any issues.

Cheers,

Sahil