cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow and Portal Short URLs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a custom link for a workflow that uses a portal short URL.  if I run the URL by itself, then it works fine.  When I add it to the URL link in the workflow, it doesn't show up in the workflow e-mail.  Something is confusing the program and changing code so the URL doesn't get added properly.  I know that it works if I use say a direct link to an iView (using the URL if you were to click the Preview button when viewing the iView in the Portal Content Directory).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work?  I like the anonymity of the short URLs.

Hope this makes sense,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, with some further investigation, it is a BSP application that creates the e-mail, and this is the tag that creates the link.

<%

LOOP AT wa_details-links INTO wa_link WHERE category = 'T'.

%>

<htmlb:link id        = "action"

reference = "<%= wa_link-url %>" >

<%= wa_link-caption %>

</htmlb:link>

<br>

<%

ENDLOOP.

%>

I think that the htmlb:link tag is somehow interpreting the short URL incorrectly.  When I debug, the link is correct when being assigned, but gets lost somewhere after this.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the URL from the portal, directly pointing to the iView, works, we are going with that.  I didn't get Short URLs working so, we are leaving it at that.  Not the end of the world!!

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

How you develop the workflow to call the short URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't get the short URL to work within a workflow.  There is something with the combination of letters and numbers and other characters that when the link gets created, it fails. 

Short URL just comes from the Portal.

Refer to this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3615332

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesh,

Thanks for the link but unfortunately, it doesn't give me an answer to my problem.  If you have an answer, it would be appreciated.  I have a short URL already, but workflow does something to it that makes it not appear in the e-mail.

Cheers,

Kevin