cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Cross entity validation using enrichment spot is not executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured the enrichment sport for cross entity validations and used BRF to validate the data, but looks like validations are
not executed. I have the check activated for the step in the configuration and I can see my custom class is being picked in method GET_ENRICHMENTS of class CL_USMD_DQ_ACCESS_ENRICHMENT for that request type and step. I have flag relevant  selected and option “Execute Always” (will change this to “Execute when data changed).

I am trying to figure out if SAP MDG standard code will execute my custom class code or not. I had put break point in my custom class constructor and this is called when an instance for enrichment is created in method GET_ENRICHMENTS of class CL_USMD_DQ_ACCESS_ENRICHMENT. However my code in below method is not executed (and hence BRF is not called)

IF_USMD_ENRICHMENT_FEEDER~GET_ADAPTER_DATA

IF_USMD_ENRICHMENT_FEEDER~IS_RELEVANT

Now I am trying to figure out a place from where these enrichment class methods will be executed. I feel this will be from EXECUTE_ENRICHMENT
of class CL_USMD_DQ_ACCESS_ENRICHMENT. But this method is also not executed when I hit on Check button. Am I looking wrong standard class?

Is there anything I am missing in configuration? Or we need to implement any SAP note? I tried to find one, but no luck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I had been OOO for some time, this issue has been resolved, there
was another enhancement conflicting with this design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a little confused as to how you used BRF+ validations in the cross-entity BAdI? These are two separate objects. BRF+ validations are built for single entities and are only called when an entity is changed. Cross-entity BAdI is called every time data is changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am not using cress entity BADI for Validation. I am using this BADI for cross entity derivations and they are working fine.

I had a requirement to do cross entity validations, and I have rules written using the BRF+.

I had used enrichment sport functionality to have a custom class used to call BRF functions and prepare the context with required entity data.

Validations are supposed to happen based on the enrichment spot defined and the configuration for that enrichment sport on the process step level. This is not happening. let me know if you need more information on it,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please post screenshot of what you did.