SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SD and FI-CA charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help on SD charges integration with FI-CA. Based on other forums that I have seen I can configure posting areas 1200 and 1210. I have few specific questions based on requirements at my client.

1. I believe all the threads are based on the assumption that both SD and IS-U customer are available in the same SAP environment. My client plans to have these customers in different SAP boxes for ERP/SD and IS-U. I would like to know the feasibility and additional integration aspects involved if these customers rely in different boxes. Is it even possible to integrate their charges into one IS-U bill? Will this be similar to external billing system charges coming into FI-CA? What additional interfaces are required?

2. What configurations, enhancements are required to reflect payments back on the SD charges in both cases - customers in the same environment vs. different environment.

3. I saw that configuration allows to control accounting for such charges in SD vs. FICA. How does this config come into play if customers reside in different environment? Any charges that we post in FICA in one box will eventually be transferred to the ledger in ERP box by means of idocs.

Any information pertaining to these questions is helpful.

Regards,

Shweta​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I understand why you were unable to find any specific answers for your ask, as SAP has only recently responded to the scenario as stated in your thread i.e. Integrating FICA with SD, when the modules reside in distributed systems.

You will be able to find the details you are looking for in the Release Notes for Enhancement Pack 7 - however, for your reference, I have attached the pertinent extract here as well.

thanks,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Integration with Sales and Distribution (New)

Use

Previously, you could only use the interface between Sales and Distribution (SD) and Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA) in an integrated scenario in one client.

As of SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0, you can also integrate Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable and Sales and Distribution even if you run both components in distributed systems. To do this, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:

o The customer must be defined with an identical key in both systems – as a customer in the SD system and as a business partner with a contract account in the FI-CA system.

o Customizing for company codes, controlling areas, operating concerns, and billing types must match in the FI-CA and SD systems.

o If you use multiple SD systems, you must use different number ranges for SD invoicing documents.

In a distributed scenario, create the SD order and SD billing document in the SD system. However, post the accounting document in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable in the FI-CA system.

On the basis of the customer account group, the SD system decides whether to send an SD billing document to the FI-CA system. The decision is made by means of message condition records during billing. The information is transferred by IDoc to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable. Depending on the billing type, Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

o Directly

o After invoicing in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

o Sample documents

If you reverse an SD billing document, the SD system also sends an IDoc to the FI-CA system.

If you have integrated Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable with Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), the SD system also sends the corresponding profitability segments to the FI-CA system.

Note the following:

o From the SD billing document, a profitability segment is determined from the available characteristics combination. This profitability segment is unknown in the FI-CA system and must be converted there. To do this, you can also use an alternative characteristics combination with less granularity.

o When you post a document directly in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, the SD system sends the corresponding profitability segment by IDoc to the FI-CA system and converts it to a local profitability segment there.

o When you post by invoice trigger, the FI-CA system does not determines the converted profitability segment until invoicing in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

o When you post using a sample document, Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable determines the converted profitability segment when the sample document is posted. In each case, the CO-PA document not posted until it is transferred to Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).

In the document flow of the SD billing document, you can see the current status. If the IDoc in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable was not yet processed, the status of the outbound IDoc is displayed. All documents of Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable can be displayed directly from the document flow.

In document header messages, you can check the status of the outbound IDoc. In the event of errors, you can display error messages and trigger the distribution to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable again.

You can monitor the distribution in the SAP Menu under: Periodic Processing -> Reconciliation of Documents with Source Data -> Reconciliation with SD Billing Documents. The program assigns FI-CA documents to SD billing documents and finds inconsistencies. To find errors in IDoc inbound processing, you can use transaction WE02.

Effects on Customizing

You make system settings for SD integration for distributed systems in Customizing for Sales and Distribution in the system in which Sales and Distribution is running, and in Customizing for Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable in the system in which Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable is running:

o Sales and Distribution

Define the account groups that are relevant for integration with Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable under: Basic Functions -> Integration with Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Specify Posting of Debtor Groups to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

o Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

Define and activate system connections under: Integration -> Sales and

Distribution -> Define Logical Systems for Distributed SD Systems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I understand why you were unable to find any specific answers for your ask, as SAP has only recently responded to the scenario as stated in your thread i.e. Integrating FICA with SD, when the modules reside in distributed systems.

You will be able to find the details you are looking for in the Release Notes for Enhancement Pack 7 - however, for your reference, I have attached the pertinent extract here as well.

thanks,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Integration with Sales and Distribution (New)

Use

Previously, you could only use the interface between Sales and Distribution (SD) and Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA) in an integrated scenario in one client.

As of SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0, you can also integrate Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable and Sales and Distribution even if you run both components in distributed systems. To do this, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:

o The customer must be defined with an identical key in both systems – as a customer in the SD system and as a business partner with a contract account in the FI-CA system.

o Customizing for company codes, controlling areas, operating concerns, and billing types must match in the FI-CA and SD systems.

o If you use multiple SD systems, you must use different number ranges for SD invoicing documents.

In a distributed scenario, create the SD order and SD billing document in the SD system. However, post the accounting document in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable in the FI-CA system.

On the basis of the customer account group, the SD system decides whether to send an SD billing document to the FI-CA system. The decision is made by means of message condition records during billing. The information is transferred by IDoc to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable. Depending on the billing type, Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

o Directly

o After invoicing in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

o Sample documents

If you reverse an SD billing document, the SD system also sends an IDoc to the FI-CA system.

If you have integrated Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable with Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), the SD system also sends the corresponding profitability segments to the FI-CA system.

Note the following:

o From the SD billing document, a profitability segment is determined from the available characteristics combination. This profitability segment is unknown in the FI-CA system and must be converted there. To do this, you can also use an alternative characteristics combination with less granularity.

o When you post a document directly in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, the SD system sends the corresponding profitability segment by IDoc to the FI-CA system and converts it to a local profitability segment there.

o When you post by invoice trigger, the FI-CA system does not determines the converted profitability segment until invoicing in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

o When you post using a sample document, Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable determines the converted profitability segment when the sample document is posted. In each case, the CO-PA document not posted until it is transferred to Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).

In the document flow of the SD billing document, you can see the current status. If the IDoc in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable was not yet processed, the status of the outbound IDoc is displayed. All documents of Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable can be displayed directly from the document flow.

In document header messages, you can check the status of the outbound IDoc. In the event of errors, you can display error messages and trigger the distribution to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable again.

You can monitor the distribution in the SAP Menu under: Periodic Processing -> Reconciliation of Documents with Source Data -> Reconciliation with SD Billing Documents. The program assigns FI-CA documents to SD billing documents and finds inconsistencies. To find errors in IDoc inbound processing, you can use transaction WE02.

Effects on Customizing

You make system settings for SD integration for distributed systems in Customizing for Sales and Distribution in the system in which Sales and Distribution is running, and in Customizing for Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable in the system in which Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable is running:

o Sales and Distribution

Define the account groups that are relevant for integration with Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable under: Basic Functions -> Integration with Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Specify Posting of Debtor Groups to Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Thank You Usman. This is helpful. Just one more question - do both systems that house SD and ISU data have to be on EHP 7 to support this? I think the answer to that would be yes but need to be sure.

Regards,
Shweta

0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Having only read the information provided thusfar by SAP, I can only assume that for your ISU system, you most certainly need to be on Ehp7 to have the configuration setting:

However, for the SD system, I don't see any particular configuration, or additional prerequisite that would warrant an Ehp7 requirement. The message condition records that decide to send over the information (via IDOCs in this case ) should already be available ( Transaction NACE and Configuration Node under "Output Control"; if I remember correctly ).

Again this is conjecture on my part - do share if you find any information stating otherwise.

0 Kudos

Hi Usmaan,

Based off what I have read, looks like the SD system also needs to be upgraded and should have business function LOG_SD_FICA_DISTRIBUTED to support this feature.

Thanks,
Shweta

0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing the information Shweta, really appreciate it!