cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add InfoObject to MultiProv even if it is not available in underlying cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I like to add a DSO to a MultiProvider to add some very small amount of information. To do this in a correct way I have to use 0VERSION two times to constraint it in the query source dependent.

E.g. 0VERSION  and ZVERSION2 (as reference on 0VERSION)

But in the InfoCube and DSO 0VERSION is used only. So I cannot add an InfoObject that is not used in the underlying objects as I know.

The only way to solve this is to add ZVERSION2 to the DSO. But this does not looks like the best solution for me.

Any ideas how to solve this without adding a dummy object?

Cheers,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen.

That would be an option, but I do not like to duplicate the data in a dummy object and also 0VERSION is part of the primary key. So perhaps I would better add ZVERSION2 and assign 0VERSION to it. In the DSO ZVERSION2 could be left empty. But to do this I have to add it as dummy.

Regards,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

you don't have to put ZVERSION2 in your key. As a reference it holds no own data, but of course it's duplicate in the DSO. But if you need two different semantical versions in your report, you have no other choice.

By the way:you have this very often, e.g. in SD, where one and the same customer can be payer, ship-to, sold-to and many other roles. This information is also stored multiple times in the dataflow in DSOs and cubes.

Regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you add infoobject 'zversion2' to your multiprovider you have assign it to one of the infobjects of your DSO or cube. The multiprovider itself contains no data, it's juist a view (a union). This means it has to be obligatory either inyour DSO or cube, otherwise no chance to add it and activate the Multiprovider.

So add ZVERSION2 as reference to 0VERSION to your DSO and use the same rule to fill it as for 0VERSION in the underlying transformation of DSO.

Regards,

Jürgen

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am unable to understabd your issue.

Can you rephrase it.

if you add new info object to multi provider which is not exist in connected target. how you will get data for added info object?

if not exist in targets then no use of it.

becase multiprovider works based on union.

Thanks