cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services path and permission error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hv created a flat file in my local and use it as a source. Now I am trying to load the data from flat file to oracle table (parmanent table). There is no validation error but I am getting "check path and permission error" while executing.

same error I am getting when I am trying to copy data(1:1 mapping) from oracle table to flat file which is present in my local desktop.

Can anyone let me know why I am getting the error and how can I overcome it.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

I gave the location - local only ..

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

This issue occures in case you dont have authorization to access the path where your file is placed or your Path(folder name/file name) is not correct.

In case your file is placed on your local machine then change the file format setting as shown below :

And check your path again,folder name should not have any spaces/"," in between.

Regards,

Tanvi

pan_cheng
Participant
0 Kudos

When you use input file as source you need to mention the source file path, file name, error file path, error file name in the file format under data files. Check that section.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where's your flat file located? It should be in the same place as where the job server is, else change the system account to admin account in services.msc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Flat file is present in my local system but job server is present in another server.
Can you pls let me know how can I change system account to admin account.

If flat file present in the server then it's working fine as a source and as a target but I am getting this runtime error while processing the flat file from my local and when I have created flat file structure in BODS , I gave location is local.

Thanks ,

Kaushik

titto_antony
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

File should be placed in a location where the job server is having accces. Job server is not having access to your local system thats why you are getting this error. You should either keep the file in server or in a share location where the job server has access..

Regards,

Titto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antony for the clarification.

Job server can access my local system ?? means any configuration is required for that or it's not possible.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Start > search for services.msc

It opens a window with all the servers running. Select Business Objects Data Services > stop it and change the account to admin > restart.

Arun