cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master City Format / Tax Jurisdiction

kristin_m1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

While creating a new customer, the tax jurisdiction is determined by the city. However is there a setting that allows the users to make the city different in spelling or when there are multiple cities associated?

Examples:

Westampton, New Jersey 08060 not acceptable in system...User must enter Mount Holly, NJ 08060

Tinker Air Force Base (Tinker AFB) Oklahoma 73145 not acceptable, user must use Oklahoma City

St. Joseph De Sorel, Quebec J3R 3M8 Canada is not acceptable... Must use SAINT-JOSEPH-DE-SOREL, Quebec J3R 3M8 Canada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exact the one we have.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see any chance to change this, except you make changes in the database yourself or you talk to your data provider and ask him to add it, maybe he can then explain why it is not in the database like you expect or like it is shown on a vendor or customer document.

I know such cases very much since I am in charge of loading master data.

We have an external provider for the tax , and it is just a function call that submits country, zip-code, city  and region to determine the jurisdiction code. So it is in general nothing else than a automatic lookup for a matching entry.

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kristin, I assume this is dependent on both the tax software you are using, as well as customization your client has. when entry is not accepted, I assume there is an error message? double click on the error message and share a snap shot?

kristin_m1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The tax software is Vertex and yes there is an error message which occurs. Here is an example:

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kristin, please follow Mr. Jurgen's advice to get in contact with Vertex see if they can add the records in their mapping table for ZIP/CITY/TJC combination. otherwise you can probably use an exit to make your input of city more flexible.