Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update work process trigger after user delete. saplscd4 program

Viveknin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Experts,

i delete user using FM BAPI_USER_DELETE or using SU01 TCode; if delete of users is in mass lets say 10-20 user; then i notice that multiple update(UP2) work process are created and seen in SM66. these work processes process user's CDHDR entries using program SAPLSCD4. this processing normally taking 5-7 minute of each work process.

Please advice what could be possible reason of work process taking so long time to process single user as multiple work processes are getting created simultaneously.

-Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked quite recent note 2047975 . It could explain why it takes so long to delete a user. That note also references another note 1893393.

Out of curiosity. Have you thought about not deleting users and just removing roles from them, locking them and assigning them to a designed group. This is a common practice and it has some advantages.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked quite recent note 2047975 . It could explain why it takes so long to delete a user. That note also references another note 1893393.

Out of curiosity. Have you thought about not deleting users and just removing roles from them, locking them and assigning them to a designed group. This is a common practice and it has some advantages.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Voros,

I appreciate your kind input towards my query.

I have one more points to put across, please advice. if we do not delete and assign user to some deleted group, then we will see all these users in usr02, this will continue to increase user count. will it not be not-effective?

-Vivek

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that's the whole point. The users will stay in the system so all documents (e.g. sales orders) that have been created in system will be pointing to a valid user even though these users are locked. In your case the user name on these documents is a name that can't be linked to a user record. If you are asking from licensing point of view then if you set expiry date on these users then they won't be counted towards your license. So no problem here.

Cheers