cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separators in LPD_CUST Affecting ESS Menu

0 Kudos

We recently moved to EhP6 (portal version 7.02), and we are using LPD_CUST to control the ESS menu.  When in edit mode in LPD_CUST, there is a button at the top of the screen to Add Separator.  This allows you to put a line between the menu items, making it easier to distinguish between items (see LPD_CUST attachment).  The issue is that whenever we add a separator in one of the sections (Benefits, Payment, etc), a line is also added on the main ESS menu (see ESS Portal Menu attachment).  Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

now I understood the issue, looks like its the standard sap way but u might have to try some round about options. I can think of these two options for now:

1. May be see if u can add Empty 2nd line in Participation Overview to get some space on top of Annual Benefits Summary.

2. Another option is Enhance the LPD feeder class of ESS, from there I think u should be able to control or add some additional spacings.

0 Kudos

I tried adding a blank line, both with a "space" and also with "<BR>" - neither worked, but your suggestion gave me an idea.  I added a period "." to force a new line, which works great!  Thanks for your input - it was helpful!  (I also logged an incident with SAP, because the separator should NOT behave the way it currently does.)

pctan
Explorer
0 Kudos

same issue, agreed with that the separator shouldn't behave as it currently does at the Overview/Quick Link section.

For each sub folder's last application, I'm putting extra space to force line break instead of using separator.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the feeder class for ESS LDP: CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU

Put the break points and try to understand the code of modify method, u will figure it out how to add additional space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Separators will add a line, but for the application above/below separator u have to set the application as quicklink, if u right click on the app, then u will see this option.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Yugandhar - I didn't know about Quick Links; however, it's not what I'm after.  All I want is to put a blank line between each link so they don't look so crowded together.  Take a look at the attached.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Add Separator, does it add line only in benefits? class CL_APB_LAUNCHPAD can you clear the cache and check? http://aiokeh.wdf.sap.corp:50000/SAPIKS2/contentShow.sap?_SCLASS=XDP_STRUCT&_SLOIO=EBC2B0BCFEAB487CA...

0 Kudos

Thank your for your response, Siddharth!  The extra line shows up in the main ESS menu, regardless of what section I add the separator in (Benefits, Payment, Career and Development) - see attachments.

I cleared browsing history and had our portal administrator clear the cache, and that didn't help.  I was unable to get to the link you included, so I'm not sure what you were trying to show me.  I tried clicking on the link and also copying and pasting the link in the URL field, and got an error both times.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I m a unable to replicate this and for me it works correctly, I did try to find a note for this, but couldn't, probably you can create a oSS message for BC MUS LP

Former Member
0 Kudos

once remove separators and save and check in portal and again add it again and check in portal ..once try like this

0 Kudos

What is BC MUS LP?

0 Kudos

Thanks, Jwala - I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its a component for which you ll raise message to