cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nGL revaluation FX on specific ledger with defined G/L accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I try to set up for our different associated companies in different countries a FX revaluation.

We are using three parallel ledgers for our enterprise and associated companies. The leading one is for our group. The non leading ledger are meant for our associated companies. Some of them (not all!) need to post at the end of the month not on unrealised gain/loss accounts but on the realised one's. This due to local law.

At the moment our customizing takes the accounts behind T030H, which takes the entries from our group chart of accounts. Now I try to establish for the local revaluation to address the g/l accounts to the realised gain and loss accounts.

Maybe the point will be that in T030H I should take the associated companies chart of account and link there the g/l account. If this is the solution I just need to know where I can tell/handle in FAGL_FC_VAL that for the revaluation method X should be taken an other chart of account as key for the T030H entries?

Best regards

Renu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

When you got to OB09(T030H) to maintain forex gain/loss accounts, the first thing system asks is Chart of accounts, so you maintain GL against Chart of accounts.

When you go to FAGL_FC_VAL, you enter Company code, so from there system links Chart of accounts.. You do not need to enter or specify Chart of accounts anywhere in the transaction code FAGL_FC_VAL.

Let me know if still the issue is unadressed.

Regards,

kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

My first guessing was at my first post using T030H with the local chart of account (as you mentionend) would post back on those entries in the group chart of account. I think this is not how it is meant to be, isn't it?

To be specific I show up the setup:

Ledger

0L, leading

HR, non-leading (local gaap)

ST, non-leading (tax)

SKB1      bal.acc      CoA          alt.acc               locl.CoA

100000     GR01       100000A            RO01

T030H     bal.acc          diff.real.l          diff.real.g.          val.l              val.g

GR01      100000          800000           700000              800100         700100

RO01      100000A        800000A         700000A           800100A       700100A

If I put a new entry in T30H (as you mentioned) in RO01 on 100000A in FAGL_FC_VAL if I do a reval on 100000A there is no result but a result on 100000 (exptected). The valuation for 100000 is going on 800100 or 700100 (expected).

When I am now valuating 0L the accounts behind val.l/val.g are taken and this is correct.

Now I try HR and ST valuation and the entry on GR01 is wrong for that country, it should be going on another account.

Acctually we are staying all the time in CoA GR01 only that associated company need to post on another account in GR01 as now setup.

sincerely

Renu