cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't specify the customer to use a new sales order type ,why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new sales order type, finished the configeration.. but when I use it to create a order by t_code VA01 ,input the order type and sales area ,then enter, why the sold-to-party and ship-to-party are inmodifiable? i can't specify the customer... where is the problem?

appreciate you help.thank you !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

I think u havent did the Partner determination for that Sales document. If you create ur own sales doc type in VOV8 ,new entries.

U need to maintain the Partner determination for that sales doc type.

this is the same,the way u maintaint the customer partner determination.

If you dont maintain this , in VA01 screen, u cant able to enter Sold to & ship to parties as it will be in display mode. I think the same error ur getting know as per ur issue.

This will def solve ur issue as i faced n overcome long back.

*reward points ,if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much ,The proplem just solved as your suggestion . thank you !:)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you are unable to enter Sold to party when you enter a sales order, if this is the case, then there is a wrong setting in partner determination.

Hope this helps.

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for my confusing...i mean there is no value displayed in the sold-to-party and ship-to party ,and it's not modifiable ..it's just blank and can't be modified.

and the sales area has been used well by any other sales order type in the system ,beside,i have already Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types...

i am just wondering why the sold-to-party and ship-to party are blank and not modifiable.

thank you for your help...need your answer.

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

since ship to party and sold to party are in grey then may be ur server connection has been disconnected.. anyhow you must be knowing that u cant process a sales order without entering a sold to party, and you cant even save an incomplete order that way, so i guess that u contact ur basis admin on authorisation, whether if he has set a block for u particularly, .

thanks

reward if helpful

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUE

U just try by assigning sales area to sales document type through which u re raising a sales order.

REGARDS

PRASAD.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue

Check the Customer number what u give. wheter it is internal or external........and check the configuration once again.....

With regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think ur doubt may be that the customer is not maintained for that sales area. Please go to vopa and redifine your sold to party , sh, py, bp and assign it to the account group. Also make sp mandatory and not changeable.

That should solve your problem.

If i have analysed well award with points

thanks

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

Is that Sold To Party, the only Customer currently linked to that Sales Area yo have provided?

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

sue,

whats the exact error you are getting...could you tell me that?

thanks

adi