cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find out particular work item is trigger by particular transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one tell how to find out particular work item is trigger by particular transaction. in swfrevtlog we ill get custom obj type and also super business obj type,but i need to identify this work item id is triggered by this transaction. can any one help,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The PROGNAME field in the same table (SWFREVTLOG) tells you the main program at the time the event was raised (which can help you identify the transaction).

It's not always helpful (eg it shows program SAPMSSY1 if the event was raised in an RFC call), but it may work for you.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks paul, but i need to identify some particular transaction, but this one will not help me all the time. in TOJTB table i can get the super type of custom Bo object type from this am identifying, let me know if any some other way to identify the transaction

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't believe that's possible. Even if you can identify the program, there could be multiple transactions that executed it.

The only possible way, I think, would be to add an enhancement / badi which uses the callstack to determine the calling transaction at the time he event is raised (and then stores it somewhere).

But that's not very elegant.

Why do you need to know the triggering transaction? To influence the workflow? If so, another approach might be this:  pass the transaction code as an additional parameter to the workflow event & then pass that to the workflow.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks paul, Its okay am using statically now lets see if i got something.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any follow-up on this?