cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWEL is not tracing event , SWELS is ON

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SWEL is not tracing event. SWELS is ON. I can see the event triggering trace in client 900 but I can not see the trace in client 800. Is it workflow setting, SPRO, or something related to basis.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in SWELS if there is any Filter applied for the trace.

Also, check if SWU3 settings are done in client 800.

Regards,

Modak

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filter is clear , though SWU3 settings showing red. Will ask basis to configure it. Will keep SCN informed.

Thank You.

Message was edited by: G Srivastava

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what has been provided to me in 800. These 5 things are not configured. Rest is configured. SWELS no restriction.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

This should do...you do not need these in your test client.

Did you check any failed tRFC calls in SM58/SMQA?

Confirm if the WF-BATCH user's password is synchronized (SWU3->maintain Runtime Enviornment -> try to manually execute Maintain RFC Dest -> if password is not synchronized, it will give a popup.

Also, just to confirm, you do not see any events in SWEL or you see them but they are not triggering anything, they are going in a queue?

Are there any config transports associated with your triggering event (in 900)? if yes, have done an SCC1 in client 800 to import the config?

Regards,

Modak

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. No pending or failed tRFC under user name WF-BATCH

2. No error in SWU3 after manually executed.

3. RFC Destination is fine.

4. No event trigger in SWEL even for standard transaction being executed , although transaction works fine.

5. QAS system is locked for any data import by SCC1, all the system is from DEV and then transported to QAS/PRD.

Thank You.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any ST22 dump?

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Anjan,

No there are no dumps or error during the procedure. The standard transaction event is also not visible in SWEL. So coding issue is also not applicable.

Though in another client it is working properly.I mean the event trace is visible.

Thank You.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the event you expect to see in 800? Can you simulate the same in SWUE and then see SWEL, if it is visible there? If you see an event in SWEL after the simulation, then there is nothing wrong with the trace. Maybe the event which you are expecting needs more analysis on the triggering approach. Is it coded? SWEC? or some othr custom technique? or triggered by Standard? are all necessary conditions passing for the event to trigger?

Regards,

Modak

PS: One more thing .... you said "SWELS is ON" .... so when you execute SWELS, do you see the button SWITCH ON or SWITCH OFF?

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have created pr release strategy at item level using customised standard workflow. BUS2009 CREATE event is what I was needing to trace for testing purpose. The event was traced in DEV system. When moved to QAS I wanted to test the scenario and then I saw the event was not traced. Whereas in 900 QAS client event is being visible. For this reason I was willing to get the event trace.

Thank You.

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes when I call SWELS I get the pop up window for both on/off and restrictions options.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI

You said, you used BUS2009 CREATE....what settings did you do in DEV for that? Are those in a customizing TR? If yes, Then check for that customizing TR which has not moved to QAS 800, but has moved to QAS 900.

Regards,

Modak

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Modak,

I have transported those request again to minimize the chances of skipping some settings. When PR is created I do get the mail in outlook approval notification mail is also generated. So as if now the problem is SOIN has no entry. Don't know if i should start this query in new thread or continue the same. The SWEL still  shows no trace.

Have a best day ahead.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI

Going back to your original issue - SWEL is not showing the event .... it is still not resolved. However, was it mentioned that you were expecting the event to trigger the email (which is now going out)?

Why are or what are we looking for in SOIN? Shouldn't the outgoing emails be looked at in SOST? SOIN is for inbound requests (as far as the tcode title goes)

We have checked SWU3 settings, all errors - ST22  etc. no errors. Trace Is ON and so are all transports in the system!!!

Apart from the above, all I can "guess" is - can there be a data issue? That the event trigger is dependent on some data which is not there / does not hold good in the client 800 of QAS!

Regards,

Modak

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I wanted to debug the workflow and in the process I was interested to check the event trace. The query was about event trace only. It is still not showing any trace... although my workflow is triggered when new pr of certain types created which is working fine as the mail is received in outlook asking to approve or reject.Now when we click let say like approve a mail is compiled as send to inbound external mail receiver id which is also reflected in the mail that has been configured for inbound. Now here I can not see the mail trace in SOIN. SOIN is blank with no enteries.

No SWEL No SOIN ... thats what worries me .

As for data the pr is created successfully in me51n it exists.

The appoval that is second step mail I also recived when approve or reject push button is clicked from outlook and it is not affecting the sap server. The pr is still open for approval. Therefore I needed to check SOIN enteries and it is also not showing any enteries.

An my query was for SWEL and SOIN both is it workflow and coding or basis issue? And ofcourse if I may get my query resolved.

Thank You

Have a best day ahead.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

check for sap note. Note 1954877 may hep you

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI

maybe it's time to ask a Basis consultant to look for the SOIN Issue.

For SWEL, I am not sure what may be the cause.

regards,

Modak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check any Restricions for trace

In addition also check compare with two clients settings of SWU3, SWEQADM & SWEL

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Thanks for the info.

have a best day ahead.