cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters from BW in HANA Calculation View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus!

We start using HANA modeling and faced with some issues in filtering. Hope someone can help us, maybe anybody faced with same error and give us they expirience.

Well, we have following model

On this model we create Virtual Cube in BW. All objects mapped.

So, when we try to open query for 1 day, or for 1 month, or even for 1 quarter time of execution the same. Of course in simple models (one analytic view on them projection and after aggregation) this situation not occurred.

We tried to find some information about this case, but all in vain. As we think filter from BEX Query or ABAP cube preview must transfer to all objects in calculation view but in fact, we fully sure about it, block 1 (look at picture above) not limited...

Maybe this happen because our usage this block (type of join, or maybe characteristics which joined) :

So any help about how to understand this behaviour of system, or how correctly create CALC View to using all filters from BEX, or how debug in HANA call of CALC view from BEX, will be very useful!

Thanks in advance!

Best regard,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think you are saying that your execution time is the same for any query, even if you filter heavily.

This can be the case if you join between two fact tables. Avoid this by using Attribute Views or a Union with Constant Values.