Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need BAPI or Function Module to update MAEX Table

0 Kudos

Hi Experts !!

I need to update the MAEX table in mass level through a batch job.

Updating the table directly is not recommended. So, a BAPI or a FM would have helped.

One more thing, if I update it through a BAPI or FM, will the change history log in MM02 or MM03 be maintained automatically by SAP ?

Also if I directly update the MAEX table, how to maintain the change history log ?

Below are the fields which I want to update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use function module MATERIAL_N_WRITE_DOCUMENT which supports MAEX to create planned changes, display with MM14 and apply with MM13. Yes, change documents will be created.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use function module MATERIAL_N_WRITE_DOCUMENT which supports MAEX to create planned changes, display with MM14 and apply with MM13. Yes, change documents will be created.

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I have checked this FM MATERIAL_N_WRITE_DOCUMENT. But this is for updating the change history.......but not for updating the MAEX table.

But yes, if someone wants to a FM to create MAEX change history, this is the FM for it.

I did get another FM to save data into MAEX table. FM MAEX_SAVE.

0 Kudos

The function module can be used to create Planned Changes which can be activated with transaction MM13. We use it extensively to make changes to material master on specified validity date since the standard material master doesn't have a validity date concept, only BOMs do.

0 Kudos

Those FM are update FM (check with SE37) called at end of transaction after checking data validity and must not be called alone in a customer program, using those FM is not better than direct SQL update of database (or you actually want to duplicate SAP standard checking and find every update FM to call, wrong idea usually)

Read also 1710449 - Transaction MM17 (Mass Change) or BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA does not support update on d.... So nowadays the correct solution is the use of Batch Input

Regards,

Raymond

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MATERIAL_EXPORTCONTROLL_NEW

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I think this is not the FM. This FM only brings the pop-up window.