cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Archive storage location from MARD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to archive the storage location entry for a material \ plant.

There is no stock, dependent requirement etc. for this material. I have also deleted the control cycles.

Actually this material is assigned to an operation which has supply area (through work center) and every time the storage location defined in supply are is overwriting the intended storage location in prod. order.

If I  archive the storage location for this material \ plant combination, then it should solve the issue.

I tried to archive it using SARA - MM_MATNR, it shows no error but still it is not removed from MARD table. MMSC is not helping that I know.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Maulin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only archive individual org levels of a material if you have OSS Note 543279 implemented, which is a modification and not standard.

If you havethis modification and it was not archived, then you need to check the spool file to your archiving job as it has all reasons why the material couldn't be archived.

In any case I cannot believe that archiving would be the only way to get rit of your problem. We have about 600 plants with several thousand storage locations. If a single storage location would cause your problem, then what would happen if you have 1000 different location views maintained?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I agree with you, but the issue is that we have supply area assigned to WC, and this supply area has a storage location assigned to it. and the some components are not stored in this storage location at all. and due to storage location determination priority, everytime the supply area storage location is copied in to prod. order. it overwrites the storage location of material master and BOM.

any ways, I could archive the entry, but would be interested if there is any standard solution to the main issue.

Thanks.

best regards,

maulin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you close this question since it has a subject about archiving.

You should post a new discussion about the production supply area problem in the Logistics Execution forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could archive the entries from MARD table.

It was the wrong Variant which was causing this issue.

Thanks.

Best regards,

maulin

Answers (0)