Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing existing classical scenarios in ID to ICo post PI upgrade

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

Installed a test PI 7.11 system and restored primary PI DEV system backup on to the test PI system and then the test PI 7.11 system was upgraded to PO 7.4 dual stack system. Done with the post up-gradation activities and the test PO 7.4 system was up and running.

Now, all the ID config objects in the upgraded test PO 7.4 system remained as classical scenarios with sender agreement, receiver determination, interface determination & receiver agreement etc.,

Need a clarification here i.e., how to change the existing classical scenarios to ICo objects in the upgraded PO 7.4 test system..? Do we need to delete the existing sender agreement, receiver determination, interface determination, receiver agreement objects and manually build ICo objects for the respective scenarios (or) do we have any other alternative.

I suppose that the Content Migration Tool doesn't suffice my requirement, as the new PO 7.4 system is not a parallel system built against the existing

PI 7.11 system. I directly performed the upgrade activity on the test system and not on a parallel built system.

In this case, can someone advice how to change the existing classical scenarios to ICo objects i.e., manually (or) do we have any other alternative.

Br,

Saiganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_babayan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1. If you have 7.40 dual stack than it's not PO (Process Orchestration) but still PI.

2. You can use Migration Tool to transform your existing classical scenarios to ICO's. On the same system. It's the one of thу major features of Migration tool.

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Seems that it was possible thru Content Migration Tool. But couldn't check as the test PI system was down and AS JAVA was not coming up. Troubleshooting the same and will get back to you after checking the tool once the system comes up.

Br,

Saiganesh.

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Finally got it. In the migration tool, configured source system also with the same details as the target system and then the migration of classical to ICO was fine.

Closing the thread.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Answers (0)