Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical file datasource/Infopackage

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an infopackage loading file from AL11 server to a DSO. Sometimes the loading fails.

All those steps are automated in a process chain. What i would like to do, if the loading fails is to send an email to the person that uploaded the file in the server.

The header of the file uploaded contains informations about the person : Fisrt name, last name.

So i have to dynamically constitute his email by reading the header of the file.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Amine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

create your own process type 'FileError'. You can put it as next step in your process chain and connect it by "error" if your infopackage fails. In the execute method of your process type you can read out the filename of the infopackage and then read file contents from server. This information you can send to reposnsible person. But all this logic has to be done in your process type, you need strong ABAP knowledge and experience how to build your own process type.

You can find lot of documents here in SCN hoe to create your own process type.

Regards,

Jürgen

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you have a link to an scn document about process types?

Thanks.

Amine

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may find lots of docs on google. Even there is a blog which is written juren noe itself(with old scn id). please use search term as "create process type".

You may find more than you need.

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman,

I used as terms : "process types process chains" but couldn't found any articles related to my issue.

Amine

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The term which used for standard process types. for custom one you need to use "create process type".

Let me google that for you

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lol Raman

I actually understood with your last message.

Thanks.

Amine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

Amine

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,
Right click on the load step variant and click create a message on condition failure on process type loading (load step). Save the mail id id of the person (here the person who is loading the file). If the load step fails it will send a message to the person mail id.

You have another option  of creating an alert using the tcode  alrtcatdef
double click on process chains  on left window
click display/ change  then click  BWAC_PROCESS_CHAIN_ERROR
and also maintain the parameters in the lower panel
Alert description  and so on..

For more information please check this PDF document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10979a4a-d3da-2e10-3bab-8916d8245...

Hope it helps.