Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas and NWBC - Url parameters for resizing screen

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are rendering Screen Personas 2.0 screens in NWBC and the Personas screens render correctly. We are wrapping the Short links in a BSP application in PFCG and use the parameter frameless=true so that end users cannot switch between flavors. Is there a list of all the parameters available?

The basis for the question is that after rendering in NWBC we noticed that the user has to scroll horizontally and vertically to reach other parts of the screen which would have been easier in a browser. We would like to resize the personas screens in NWBC so that the entire content can be displayed in the content area and scroll bars can be disabled.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had similar issues while designing as my design involved integrating within SAP Portal iView.

So it was frames within frames.

I suggest you design in NWBC itself. That will give you an idea of how to get rid of various bits.

For Full screen check my post

A common mistake that we do while designing buttons etc is we place hidden scripts buttons here and there on screen and when not needed just hide them there.

Though hidden these controls take the height and width of the Personas screen.

I recommend if you have an hidden button / control which is placed randomly, please align it as well.

Small one but might help.

Regards,

Manu

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I haven't quite figured out what to do, while we are ok with the vertical scroll bar the horizontal scrollbar is a definite no go.

I'll see what I can do and update you all.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another idea is to open the Personas editor within NWBC rather than your browser and design the screens therein... that way you'll know they will fit without having to switch back and forth between the browser and NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I just got the same 'problem'. After designing the flavor in the webbrowser in fullscreen mode, there appear scroll bars in the normal mode or after opening in NWBC 4 for desktop.

The 'problem' is, by building the flavor, every element on the screen gets a fixed width and height in pixel. In NWBC is less screen space available because of the NWBC menu and so on, so some parts of the flavor can only be reached by using the scroll bars.

If there does not exist a parameter to autosize flavors to fit actual size of the content pane, there are only some workarounds:

- By pressing Ctrl + Alt + F11 you can switch NWBC to fullscreen mode, hiding NWBC menu and so on

- Try changing the zoom factor in NWBC to 80%. But all transaction screens will be resized to 80% too...

- Try to design the flavor in a fitting size. I just had to resize the background image because it had been to large. But this only works, if everyone uses the same graphics resolution...

Perhaps one of the workarounds can help you. None the less an autosize to fit option would be great.

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can post some screenshots of what you're seeing in the browser vs what you're seeing in the business client

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

No, fullscreen=true still displays the scroll bars. Is there a list of all available parameters that can be included in the url.

Abhijeet

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

These are the ones I'm aware of... don't think it's an exhaustive list though:

• Corbu theme:  index.html?theme=Corbu

• Frameless:  index.html?frameless=true (no header, footer etc.)

• Fullscreen:  index.html?fullscreen=true

• Width and height:  index.html?width=640&height=480 (opens personas with the given size in pixels)

• Disable OnCreateHandler: …/index.html?disableoncreatehandler=true

From ver. 2.0 SP2 onwards: …/index.html#RenderingDisableOnLoad

• Specific backend language e.g. German:  index.html?sap-language=DE

• System:  index.html?sytem=<systemconfigid>

• Transaction:  index.html?sytem=<systemconfigid>&~transaction=<tcode> (only in combination with system)

• Flavor:  index.html?sytem=<systemconfigid>&flavor=<flavorid> (only in combination with system)

• Shortlink, e.g. VA03 in a certain system with specific flavor:  nwbc.html?link=<linkid> (starts Personas with a specific system and flavor. Link needs to be created by an administrator.)

• Logging: index.html?log=debug (allows to get more information of what happens behind the scene)

You could experiment with setting the width and height... perhaps it'll get rid of the scroll bars but this may become problematic with varying screen resolutions.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I tried using theme=webgui, but I still get scroll bars in NWBC content pane for the rendered Screen Personas screen. The options I am looking at are,

1. Some url parameters which will ensure scroll bars are not displayed. i.e. locking the screen to a specific size and build the Personas screens within those dimensions.
  2. Render the entire Personas screen in the NWBC content pane, which means scroll bars will not be displayed.

Abhijeet

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How about trying parameter fullscreen=true in the URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to use the parameter 'frameless = true' if you use the start page nwbc.html. But you do need to consider the theme in NWBC.

We use NWBC 4.0 for desktop for deploying flavours and we have our config such that the default theme is Cobru, this means that when Personas renders flavours in NWBC the default theme is Cobru whereas it's webgui in Personas via the browser.

Therefore we use the parameter 'theme = webgui' to ensure what you see in the browser is that same as what you see in NWBC.

Neil