Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG-F:- Problem in assigning Company code to G/L Account

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to assign Company code to the G/L account, and using the CR type as "OG_W001" and when using the Create Change Request, and assigning the CC to G/L account and trying to submit the CR.

I am getting the below error message:-

"Chart of account\GL account doesn't exist".

Note:- I already created the GL account for that chart of account and able to see the entry in MDG tables.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

First try creating an Account using CR Type - ACC1P1 (Only Account not Account for Company Code).

Submit the CR.

Then you can try creating Account company code using CR - "0G_w001" or "ACC1P1". It will work now. You can assign company code for an account.

The reason you get the error is the COA+Account combination doesnt exists in neither system not MDG landscape.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I already created a G/L account with entity type as "Account "only, I am getting the below error only when I am trying to assign the CC to G/L account through OG_W001 CR type

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Lets keep it simple.

Try this

1) In NWBC Select "Processing of Multiple Objects" --> Create Mass CR for Account

2) First specify object for account ., i.e COA & ACCOUNT  (You can enter the one that you face error or new one).

3) Then specify objects of Account Company code (Same COA and ACCOUNT as entered above and enter the company code".

4) Submit CR.

5) Next step you do single processing for ACCOUNT first and Save it.

6) Then try doing single processing for ACCOUNT COMPANY CODE.

You will not face the error. Try this.

Regards,

Arun

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I tried your options, but still  I am facing the same error, I am able to create ACCOUNT with COA, but when am I trying to extend it to CC I am getting the COA/Account combination doesn't exist.

As per the above response from Kiran, this may be due to multiple edition created for G/L account with same date, but when I am trying to release one of the edition It is showing me the error as,

But I havent change/create anything related to Finance Reporting structure, Could you please shed some light on this , as I am looking to release this edition so that I can check with the assignment of CC to G/L account with my other edition.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

Error is definitely due to wrong GL assigned to FRS. Do one thing, change the message settings to warnings for this and then try to release the edition if you are 100% sure that all the data created is perfect.

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

When you tried the option that I told, while single processing, did you maintain the details of account and did you save it before coming out and started maintaining the account company code?

Incase if you are trying for Profit & loss account let the account number be less than 1000000000.

I am quite sure that it will work, you can extend company code for a G/L Account.

Ensure in SKA1 table if the Account is created, as you say you have already created the G/L Account. Search using the COA+Account combination and let me know if your account does exists?

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

You need to create CR first with OG_W001 with specified object for existing combination of chart of account and GL Accout ( Select from F4 help here)nd then it goes in approval process

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

There is only one CR type for main entity type as "ACCCCDET" named as OG_W001.

Could you please let me know which CR you are refering to?

Thanks

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

Which version of MDG you are using? What is the CR type? You have to extend the GL account to company code. Select the GL account first and then select the company code where you want to extend it.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you paste screensnap like below for your system as per below

It is for MDG 6.1

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am using MDG7.0 and the CR type is OG_W001 whose main entity is ACCCCDET. I already created a G/L account with different CR type, and the account value is stored in MDG table as active version.

But, now when I am trying to extend it to CC through Account(Burks)- Single processing i.e. OG_W001 and giving the same COA and G/L account combination, I am getting the above mentioned error, that this combination doesnt exist as per the attached screenhot in my original thread.

Could you please help.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, This is the same CR type I am having and I am using the "OG_W001"- Account(Burks) Single processing.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

Check in which edition you have created the GL account. If the edition is different and not released then you may get this error.

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked the edition and it is same through which I created the G/L account.

One more question:-

If the edition is different and not released then you may get this error.

As mentioned I am using the same edition, but that edition is in In process status and not released, do i need to release that edition before assign CC to G/L account, If yes, then how can I assign the same edition?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

If the edition is same then I don't see any issue. Can you check whether the record is active - i.e 1 in table?

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Yes,the record is active in MDG table, with Active Flag as 1. for the same COA.

Error I am getting the CAUS/11000242 dosen't exist.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

This seems to be edition issue. How many editions you have in the system as of now?

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I checked for G/L account there are two edition existing. But, when I am trying to release that second edition(which created  yesterday itself) I am getting the below error:-

However, for this edition OG_ACC, there is only account "11000243" which got created and activated.

could you please let me know why I am getting the below above errors for other accounts.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

Can you release your old edition? Don't release the new edition. Release the old one and then try to extend the GL to company code. This will solve your issue.

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

I tried to release the older edition also, which is having no open change request but Unfortunately, for this also I am getting the same error message.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Is specific number range is assigned for GL Account in ECC customization?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the FI settings? I mean whether the proper assignment is done for the company code?

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per the 1st entry in display error message in my previous response

i.e. Hierarchie CAUS: CAUS/1000 is not a valid value for Account.

But as per checking in the MDG table and FSPO tcode, this combination are existing already:-

Please let me know do I need to check in some other way?

Regards

Prateek

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem seems to be with your edition only. Can you click on display error and give the detail description? May be the problem is with different account and not this account. Check that.

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Below is the error screenshot for error, I am facing

Kindly let me know.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is not with GL but with FSV. Have you implemented FSV? Check whether the values are properly assigned or not.

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, I have not implemented FSV, Can you please let me know how to check and rectify this as I am not much familiar related to this FI content.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal